Install a properties file that AEM reads on server startup to configure the account properties for the integration with Analytics and Target. When you use the properties file, the opt-in wizard automatically uses the properties from the file and the cloud configuration is created accordingly.
The properties file is a text file named marketingcloud.properties that you save in the working directory that the AEM process is using (typically the same directory as the JAR file). The file includes the following properties:
- analytics.server: The URL of the Analytics data center that you use.
- analytics.company: The company that is associated with your Analytics user account.
- analytics.username: Your Analytics user name.
- analytics.password: The password that is associated with your Analytics user name.
- analytics.reportsuite: The name of the Analytics report suite to use.
- target.clientcode: The client code that is associated with your Target account.
- target.email: The email address that you use to authenticate your Target account.
- target.password: The password that is associated with your email address.
Properties and values are separated with equal signs (=). The Analytics properties are prefixed with analytics, and the Target properties are prefixed with target. To configure a service, provide values for all of the properties for that service. If you do not want to configure a service, provide no values for that service.
The following example properties file includes the property values for creating a cloud configuration for Analytics.