Configure AEM so that a replication agent on the author instance uses mutual SSL (MSSL) to connect with the publish instance. Using MSSL, the replication agent and the HTTP service on the publish instance use certificates to authenticate each other.
Configuring MSSL for replication involves performing the following steps:
- Create or obtain private keys and certificates for the author and publish instances.
- Install the keys and certificates on the author and publish instances:
- Author: Author's private key and Publish's certificate.
- Pubish: Publish's private key and Author's certificate. The certificate is associated with the user account that is authenticated with the replication agent.
- Configure the Jetty-Based HTTP Service on the Publish instance.
- Configure the transport and SSL properties of the replication agent.