If you are having trouble integrating AEM with Scene7, see the following scenarios for solutions.
If your digital asset publishing to Scene7 fails:
- Check that the the asset you are trying to upload is in the CQ target folder (you specify this folder in the Scene7 cloud configuration).
- If it is not, you need to configure the cloud configuration in Page Properties for that page to allow uploading to the CQ adhoc folder.
- Check the logs for any information.
If your video presets do not appear:
- Ensure that you have configured the cloud configuration of that page through Page Properties (in the sidekick). Video presets are avaialble in the Scene7 video component.
If your assets from Scene7 do not appear in the Scene7 browser:
- Ensure that you have configured the polling importer.
- Refresh the panel to update the results.
If your video assets do not play in AEM:
If the polling importer is taking too long:
- Depending on the size of the Scene7 folder, importing a root folder can take a long time. In addition, Scene7 data could exceed the AEM storage. Ensure you are importing the correct folder.
- If you need to configure multiple folders, consider creating multiple configurations.
If new or modified assets in AEM do not automatically upload to Scene7:
- Ensure that the assets are in the CQ target folder. Only assets that are in the CQ target folder are automatically updated (provided you configured AEM Assets to automatically upload assets).
- Ensure that you have configured the Cloud Services configuration to Enable Automatic Uploading and that you have updated and saved the DAM Asset workflow to include Scene7 uploading.
- When uploading an image into a subfolder of the Scene7 target folder, ensure you do one of the following:
- Make sure that the names of all assets regardless of location are unique. Otherwise the asset in the main target folder is deleted and only the asset in the subfolder remains.
- Change how Scene7 overwrites assets in the Setup area of the Scene7 account. Do not set Scene7 to overwrite assets regardless of location if you use assets with the same name in subfolders.
If your deleted assets or folders are not synchronized between Scene7 and AEM:
- Assets and folders deleted in AEM Assets still show up in the synchronized folder in Scene7. You must delete them manually.