Smart Personas FAQ
Frequently asked questions about Smart Personas.
When should I use Smart Personas as opposed to Look-alike modeling?
Smart Personas and Look-alike modeling serve different use cases. The main differences between the two algorithms are these:
- The number of base segments is different for each algorithm. Smart Personas requires at least two base segments, while Look-alike modeling uses one segment at most.
- Smart Personas performs real-time segment evaluation, while Look-alike modeling does not.
Based on your use case, you should decide which model will be more relevant to you.
You can think of building a Smart Personas model with a number of base traits as being the equivalent of building the same number of look-alike models, only without the real-time evaluation, and with a very high likelihood to have visitors belonging to multiple different personas, instead of one distinct persona.
How many personas/models am I allowed to create?
You can create up to 10 Smart Persona models. For each model, you can define up to 50 baseline traits or segments.
How can I build new segments from a Smart Personas segment?
Go to Audience Data > Segments , and click the Smart Personas folder. Find the desired segment, duplicate it, and edit it according to your needs.
Why are some of my onboarded visitors not classified?
During the beta phase of this feature, audience classification only works for real time qualifications. This is with an exception to authenticated users that were defined as part of Profile Merge Rules.
Full support for onboarded data will be added in a future update.
When can I see the first results produced by my model?
Smart Personas model results are available within 24 hours from model creation, if the model runs successfully.
In case the model does not produce results within 24 hours, please reach out to your Adobe representative.
Why is my model not producing any results?
Smart Personas models can fail to produce results due to a number of reasons:
- One or more of the selected persona traits / segments do not have enough user profiles. We recommend choosing your traits or segments so that each persona has at least a few hundred user profiles.
- One or more of the selcted persona traits / segments do not have enough data in their user profiles (not enough traits to analyze).
- The target audience trait / segment does not have enough data in the user profiles (not enough traits to analyze).
- No user from your target audience was active within the past 30 days.
In case the model doesn't produce any results, please reach out to your Adobe representative.
How can I change the Profile Merge Rule for a Smart Personas segment? Simply duplicate the Smart Personas segment and change the Profile Merge Rule for the duplicated segment.
Could a user from the target audience who isn't part of any persona trait / segment not be classified?
Yes, in case the user does not have any traits in his profile. In that case, the user will get a match score of 0 to all of the persona traits / segments, and therefore will not be classified into any of the Smart Personas segments.
Can a user classified into one of the Smart Personas segments be reclassified into a different Smart Personas segment?
Yes. Since the algorithm is trained on a daily basis, it applies the changes for each of the personas in terms of trait scoring. If a user who is part of a Smart Personas segment is active, the changes in their trait score can change the classification based on the past 30 days activity.
Can I see the traits by which audience classification is done?