Getting Started with Smart Personas
Create a Smart Personas Model
Before you create a Smart Personas model, you need to decide which data source you want to assign your Smart Persona traits and segments to. You can use an existing data source, or create a new one. See Manage Data Sources for details on how to create a new data source.
Once you know which data source you're going to use, follow the steps below.
- Go to Audience Data > Models .
- In the Smart Personas section, click Add New .
- Next, define the personas that you want to classify your audience by. You can do this by choosing either traits or segments to build personas from. Use the Traits and Segments tabs in the upper left corner of the screen to switch between your trait and segments catalog. Once you've identified the traits or segments that you want to use as personas, click the corresponding Add icon in the Action column.You must choose a minimum of either two traits or two segments for your baseline personas. You cannot use a combination of both traits and segments.
- Click Next after you've defined your personas.
- Next, select the audience that you want to classify by choosing a trait or segment for this audience. Use the Traits and Segments tabs in the upper left corner of the screen to switch between your trait and segments catalog. Select the trait or segment that you want to use as your audience, to add it to the model.
- Click Next after you've chosen your audience.
- Fill in the model details:
- Model Name : Enter a suggestive name for the model, that will help you identify it later. Names of the segments generated by the model will start with the name of the model.
- Description : Enter a description of the model that will help you identify what the model does, at a later time.
- Data Source : Select the data source that you want the Smart Persona segments from this model to be assigned to.
- Click Save .
Editing Smart Personas
Audience Manager does not support editing existing Smart Persona models. To change a model's configuration, you must create a new model. If you have reached the limit of 10 Smart Persona models and need to edit one of your models, you must delete a model and create a new one.
Deleting Smart Personas
To delete a Smart Persona model, go to Audience Data > Models , find the model that you want to delete, and click the Delete icon.