Known limitations in Analysis Workspace
Here is a list of known limitations in Analysis Workspace and its related components:
- Date comparison columns cannot be added when either date ranges or metrics are used as rows of a table.
- Create metric from selection is disabled when segments are used as rows of a table. Additionally, Create metric from selection should not be applied to date-aligned columns.
- Conditional formatting for breakdown rows cannot use custom ranges.
- Table total rows cannot be trended when Calculate totals by summing the row values setting is applied (typically used with Static row items).
- Contribution Analysis can be run at the daily granularity only . It cannot be run against hourly, weekly, etc., data.
- Visualizations that leverage segmentation, such as Fallout, Flow, Cohort, and Histogram, cannot accept calculated metrics as inputs.
- Flow: Entry/Exit dimensions, e.g. Entry page, cannot be used in Flow.
- Cohort: Non-integers cannot be used as Cohort criteria.
Components > Filters
- Certain metrics and dimensions are not segmentable, such as Occurrences, Unique Visitors, etc.
- Certain components and operators are unavailable if a filter is created from Workspace (as opposed to being created from Components > Filters). For example, IP Address.
Components > Calculated Metrics
- Calculated metrics cannot be used in certain visualizations. See 'Visualizations' above.
- Calculated metrics cannot be used in the Attribution panel, since calculated metrics themselves can include separate attribution models.
- Certain components and operators are unavailable if a calculated metric is created from Workspace (as opposed to being created from Components > Segments). For example, IP Address.
Components > Date Ranges
- Custom date ranges do not support This day last year, This day last month, etc.
Components > Report Settings
- Some of the settings on the Report Settings page do not apply. Analysis Workspace uses only the Language/Currency/Encoding settings at the bottom: Thousands separator, Scheduled Report Encoding, and CSV Separator Character.
- A subset of metrics is not supported in Attribution IQ. For a full list, see the Attribution IQ FAQ .