Product profiles in Adobe Analytics
Product profiles are a permission preset that product admins can assign to users within an organization. If you create a product profile and assign an Experience Cloud user to that product profile, they inherit the permission items contained in the product profile.
See Manage products and profiles in the Enterprise user guide for general information on product profiles.
Product profile admins
Product profile admins are an optional group that can add or remove users to that product profile. Note that a product profile admin is not the same as a product admin:
- Product profile admins are merely responsible for the user list of a product profile.
- Product profile admins do not have full access to Adobe Analytics. Full access to Adobe Analytics is reserved for product admins.
- Product profile admins cannot adjust permissions items in their product profile; a product admin must make permission item adjustments.
- Product profile admins are ideal for team leads or managers who simply need to grant and manage access to Adobe Analytics for their team. Individuals would not need to bother system admins or product admins to grant access to Adobe Analytics.
Adobe Analytics permission items
The minimum required permissions in a product profile to access Adobe Analytics are the following:
- The product profile must have access to at least one report suite
- The product profile must belong to the Analytics Tools permission item Analysis Workspace Access (or Reports & Analytics Access )
Grants access to report suites that belong to your Analytics organization. A user must belong to at least one report suite to be given access to use Adobe Analytics.
Grants access to metrics in your report suite. Metrics are listed as their respective component in Analysis Workspace, or if the metric is available in Reports & Analytics, available as a menu item under Site Metrics.
Custom metrics are labeled 'Custom Event 1-1000' to keep them independent of report suites. If 'Custom Event 1' is an enabled permission item, that user has access to event1 in all report suites in the product profile.
Grants access to dimensions in your report suite. Dimensions are listed as their respective component in Analysis Workspace, or if the dimension is available in Reports & Analytics, available as a menu item.
Custom variables, such as eVars, are labeled 'Custom Conversion 1-250' to keep them independent of report suites. If 'Custom Conversion 1' is an enabled permission item, that user has access to eVar1 in all report suites in the product profile.
Report Suite Tools
Report suite tools permission items grant access to features that are specific to the report suites the user has access to. See Report Suite Tools for a full list of permission items and descriptions.
Analytics tools permission items grant access to features that are independent of report suite settings. See Analytics Tools for a full list of permission items and descriptions.
Product profile developers
Developers are similar to users, except they are granted the ability to use the Experience Cloud API on Adobe I/O. See Manage Developers in the Enterprise user guide for more information.