Enable Activity Map
Explains the steps the Analytics Admin needs to complete to enable Activity Map link collection and user download.
The Activity Map module is part of the AppMeasurement.js file (located at the top of the file). The AppMeasurement library will load the Activity Map module when instantiated.
Activity Map data cannot be collected unless you update to this version (or higher) of AppMeasurement.
- Validate the implementation:
- When a clickable element is clicked, data will be stored in a cookie named s_sq.
- The Activity Map data can be seen in the query-string on the tracking call. For example:
…&c.&a.&Activity Map.&link=My%20Link®ion=My%20Region&page=My%20Page&.Activity Map&.a&.c&...
- Break this report down by Activity Map Link by Region to see the link/region for that page:
Step 2. Enable Activity Map reports
First, you need to enable Activity Map reports at a report-suite level.
- Log in to Adobe Analytics and navigate to Analytics > [Admin > Report Suites > # > Edit Settings > Activity Map] > Activity Map Reporting .
- Activity Map collects the link data in Activity Map reports. For the activation to happen, you must first activate the variables by clicking Enable Activity Map Reports .This step adds all the Analytics dimensions that you need to collect data.
- After about an hour, check the Activity Map Page report , which shows all the pages where users clicked on a link.
Step 3. Add users to Activity Map access group
- Click Add Users to Group .This will take you to the group management page in the Admin Console.
- Add users to this group and Save Group .
- This allow your Admin users to download Activity Map from Adobe Analytics > Tools > ActivityMap .
If you want Non-Admin users to download Activity Map, you need to create a new user group that provides permission to Tools > Legacy ClickMap Installation . You can then add Non-Admin users to this group. This level of permission combined with the Activity Map Access will provide comprehensive permissions to download and use the tool.