Configure existing reports
Learn about the various actions you can perform on a report, such as configuring charts, graphs, breakdowns, and extracting data.
Actions that you can perform on a report, such as copying, saving, printing, renaming, and configuring delivery options.
In a report, click the Report Actions drop-down.
Reset Report Positions
Resets reports to their original positions after moving (dragging) them within a workspace.
Copy or Move Report
Lets you copy or move a report to a new workspace.
Copy Report Data
Lets you copy report data for pasting into external applications like Excel.
Save Chart As
Lets you save a chart as a .jpg or .png file.
See Delivery Options .
Lets you print the report.
Renames the report tab.
Specifies whether to view the chart, graph, or both.
Options you can configure on a chart, such as changing the graph type, colors, and number of lines. Chart options differ depending on the type of graph you select.
Lets you change the graph type to a line graph, bar chart, stacked area graph, bubble, and so on.
Lets you display values or percent values in the graph.
Number of Lines (Bars, Bubbles, and so on)
Specifies the number of table items or data points to display in the chart.
Lets you choose a color for each chart item.
Moves graphed items to the X axis.
Moves graphed items to the Z axis
Moves graphed items to the Y axis.
Show Linear Regression
For bubble charts . Displays a statistical approximation of your data.
Bubble charts offer metrics analysis for up to five separate dimensions. The bubble chart dynamically changes to reflect changes in the report data. The bubble chart is available for any ranked report.
Specifies the reporting dimension.
Specifies the number of data points to display in the bubble chart.
Show Linear Regression
Displays a statistical approximation of your data.
Break Down Table Data
Certain reports let you break down the table data so that you can see subrelated data in the report. You can break down any dimension by any other dimension item, report, segment, and so on.
To break down table data
- Run a report.
- Right-click a line item, then click Breakdown > item.For more flexibility, use the Table Builder to configure a report with breakdowns. After you open a saved or scheduled report with breakdowns, you might need to click Replace Table to refresh a breakdown of dynamic report data. For example, you might need to refresh a scheduled report containing breakdowns of line items that can change based on the date range or visitor activity.
Change the Report Type in the Table
For ranked reports, you can change the report to a different type of report while preserving the segments, metrics, and comparisons that you set up in the original report. This change expedites the process of gathering data, because there is no need to segment and configure successive reports
To change the report type in the table
- Open and configure a ranked report.
- Right-click the report name column heading in the table, then click Select Report , then navigate to the report.
Copy Data to the Clipboard
- Open Microsoft Excel.It is recommended that you open Excel prior to copying data, because Excel clears the memory buffer when it starts.
- At the report level, click Settings , then click Copy Report Data .
- In Excel, select a cell, then paste the data.
Extract Visitor IDs
In Reports & Analytics, you can set a field to contain user ID data. If you configured this option, the Extract Visitor IDs option becomes available. If you do not enable this option, but you decide to enable it later, you cannot go back and extract historical visitor IDs.
To extract visitor IDs
- Add a Data Warehouse segment to the report.
- Right-click the segment and select Extract Visitor IDs .The Data Warehouse application launches.
- On the Data Warehouse Request tab, type the filter name.
- Click Request this Report .
Trend a Row
When viewing a ranked report, such as a products report, you can see the trend data for a value. For example, you can see that a product made $10,000 in gross revenue for the selected time period. If you want to see how much revenue that product generated for each day of the time period, you can show a trend graph for the product, or open a separate trended report.
To trend a row
- Run a ranked report.
- Click the Trend icon.You can select multiple cells to apply to a single trend report.
- To launch a report, click Launch Trend Report .
Set Column Width
- In the table, right-click the column header, then click Column Width .This option is disabled if Fit to Screen is enabled. 1. Specify a width in pixels, then click OK .
Administrators can configure a report with specific metrics and a specific date range, and then save it to the report menus for everyone to use.
Custom reports can bring increased value to you as an analyst, because they have been deemed worthy of being in everyone's marketing reports and analytics menu. If you see reports in your interface that don't match someone else's (such as in Training), your admin may have set up some of these custom reports.
Additionally, you can save reports that are important to you. These reports are called bookmarks. You can also put several reports onto one canvas to get a quick look at your most important reports. These are called dashboards and are also user-specific. The interface displays a bar above the graph listing your bookmarks and dashboards.