Summary Number and Summary Change
Summary Number visualization
- Selects the total of the column if no cell is selected.
- If a single cell is selected, it shows the summary for that cell.
- If more than one cell is selected, it shows the first cell selected.
- If the column is selected, it picks the first cell value in the column.
Summary Change visualization
- If no cell is selected, it compares the first two cell values in the column.
- If one cell is selected, it shows 0, because it compares the cell value to itself.
- If two cells are selected, the first selected cell is taken as numerator and the second as denominator.
- If more than two cells are selected, it only considers the first two for comparison.
- If a range of cells is selected, it compares the first to the last cells selected in the range.
- If the column is selected, it compares the first value to itself, which shows a change of 0.
- The green and red color of the summary change can be controlled through:
- A calculated metric's Show Upward Trend As option.
Summary Change settings
Click the gear icon next to the visualization to configure the Summary settings:
Use percentages instead of raw numbers.
Shows the metrics used.
Summary Number Options: Abbreviate Value
You can choose from 0 to 3 decimal places for abbreviated values.
Summary Change Options: Show Percent Change
Shows the change, in percent, between the 2 numbers.
Summary Change Options: Show Raw Difference
Shows the raw difference between the 2 numbers.