Create a Report Builder data request
Steps to create a basic data request.
- In Excel, click Create .
- In the Request Wizard: Step 1 window, select a report suite .
- (Optional) Select a segment to apply to the request. Once you have selected one or more segments, they will move to the top of the list.
- Select a report type .
- Click Next .
- In the Layout - Request Wizard Step 2 window, specify a layout:ElementDescriptionPivot LayoutProvides a row, column, and metric grid for layout, similar to standard Excel tables. Using this layout, you can add breakdown requests within an original request.Custom LayoutProvides most of the functionality of the Pivot Layout but lets you choose where each item in the grid should be located in the spreadsheet. This layout provides the flexibility available in previous releases.
- On the Metrics tab, double-click (or drag) metrics in the tree to add them to the Metrics grid.
- On the Dimensions tab, double-click (or drag) dimensions to the Row Labels grid.The dimensions available in Step 2 depend on the base report you selected in Step 1, and on the configuration of your report suite. The dimensions are items that correlate, sub-relate, or are a classification of the original report type metric you selected on the Request Wizard: Step 1 window. Adding more than one dimension in Step 2 is how you create a breakdown in your data request.See Add Metrics and Dimensions for more information.