Build a simple "Page Views per Visits" metric
Shows how to build a simple "Page Views per Visits" metric.
For a detailed description of the UI components, see Building Metrics .
Here's how to build a simple "Page Views per Visits" metric.
- Navigate to the Calculated Metric Builder.
- Name the metric ""Page Views per Visits" or something similar.
- Give it a user-friendly Description to show what it's used for.
- Select the right Format , in this case Decimal.
- Decide how many decimal places you want the report to show.
- Set the metric polarity. For this metric, an upward trend would be a good (green) thing.
- Add a Tag to organize your metrics.
- For this metric, first drag Page Views into the canvas, then drag Visits underneath (wait until the blue line appears to drop it).
- Select the Divide operator. (Divide is the default operator.)
- You can now see a Preview of that metric as you are building it, at the top right.
- Product compatibility shows you whether the metric is compatible with Current Data or only with Fully Processed Data.
- Click Save .
- Notice that the Summary formula updates anytime you make a change to the metric definition.
- You are now automatically taken to the Calculated Metric Manager , which is similar to the Segment Manager. It lets you share, approve, (re-)tag, rename, or delete metrics.