Share calculated metrics
Depending on your permissions, you can share metrics with your whole organization, groups, or individual users.
Can share metrics with All, with Groups, and with Users. Groups are set up as permission groups in the Admin console.
Can share metrics only with individual users.
When should you share metrics with the entire company versus just a group of users or individuals? Here are some best practices you might follow:
- As an Admin, share a metric with All if it's of use to the entire company and everyone is comfortable using it. In this case, you should also consider making it an approved metric.
- As an Admin, share a metric with a specific Group if the metric provides good business value for that team.
- As an Admin or an individual user, share a metric with other individuals to vet and validate it. If it doesn't prove useful, it can be discarded. Do not officially approve this type of metric.
- In the Calculated Metric Manager, mark the checkbox next to the metric you want to share. The task bar appears:
- Click the Share icon.If you are an Admin, you can select All or choose from Groups and (scroll down to) Users in your organization. As a non-Admin, you can see only individual users. Use the Search field to search for groups or users
- Click Share .The Shared icon appears next to the metric:
- You can filter on metrics shared with you by going to Filters > Other Filters > Shared with Me .