Calculated and Advanced Calculated (Derived) Metrics
Calculated and Advanced Calculated (or Derived) Metrics are custom metrics that you can create from existing metrics.
Our Calculated Metrics tools offer a highly flexible way of building, managing and curating metrics. They allow you as marketers, product managers and analysts to ask questions of the data without having to change your Analytics implementation. The custom metrics available in each Analytics package are:
- Adobe Analytics Foundation: Calculated
- Adobe Analytics Select : Calculated + Advanced Calculated
- Adobe Analytics Prime : Calculated + Advanced Calculated
- Adobe Analytics Ultimate : Calculated + Advanced Calculated
Here is a comparison of Calculated Metrics and Advanced Calculated Metrics capabilities:
Advanced Calculated (Derived) Metrics
Basic operators (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Create metrics across Analysis Workspace, Reports & Analytics, Ad Hoc Analysis, Report Builder, Anomaly Detection, and Contribution Analysis.
- Create segmented metrics that are derived at report run time, without having to change the implementation . These can be viewed historically because they are based on segments.
- Share metrics across report suites. This means that all newly created metrics apply to all reports suites in the same login company.
- (Advanced Calculated Metrics only) Segment on metrics. For example, you can create a metric for "New visitors", with a count of people for whom this is the first session.
- (Advanced Calculated Metrics only) Incorporate statistical functions to help you better describe your data. For example, you can count the number of items in a report or add in the number of standard deviations for each item.
- Utilize metrics created in Ad Hoc Analysis in the other Analytics tools and vice versa.You can continue to create metrics in Ad Hoc Analysis. Its calculated metric builder user interface is now similar to the new metric builder.
Some Analytics features let you use events but not calculated metrics:
- Funnels in Reports & Analytics
- Fallout in Analysis Workspace
- Cohort Analysis in Analysis Workspace
- Data Warehouse
- Real-Time reports
- Current Data reports
- Analytics for Target
Here is a short overview of the Calculated Metrics tools:
|Calculated Metric Builder|
|Calculated Metric Manager|
|Metric Selector rail|
Replaces the Show Metrics popup in Reports & Analytics .
It lets you search for and add/apply metrics to the report. You can also change the sort order (options are: alphabetical, recommended, frequently used, recently used.) In addition, you can filter on Report Suites to show only metrics created in a specific report suite.
To access this Metric Selector, click the Metrics icon to the left of a report. This is what the Metric Selector looks like:
|API for Calculated Metrics|
Part of the Adobe Analytics 2.0 API set.