The 'Search keyword' dimension reports the search keywords that visitors use to reach your site.
Most search engines no longer pass the search keyword due to increasing privacy practices. Hits where Adobe recognizes a search engine but is missing a keyword groups under the dimension value "Keyword unavailable" .
A referrer must meet both of the following to classify as a search keyword:
- The referring domain is recognized by Adobe as a valid Search engine ;
- A keyword query string parameter exists in the referring URL. If the keyword query string exists but does not contain a value, it groups under the dimension value "Keyword unavailable" .
If you want to distinguish paid and natural search, Paid search detection is required. Multiple dimensions are available for search keywords:
- Search keyword : The search keyword used to reach your site, regardless of if it is paid or natural.
- Search keyword - paid : The search keyword used to reach your site, which matched paid search detection.
- Search keyword - natural : The search keyword used to reach your site, which did not match paid search detection.
Dimension values include search keywords used to reach your site. The "Unspecified" dimension value is all non-search traffic.