Create Marketing Channel processing rules
Create Marketing Channel processing rules, which determine if a visitor hit meets the criteria assigned to a channel.
This procedure uses an email rule as an example. The example assumes that you have added an email channel to your list of channels on the Marketing Channel Manager page.
- Click Analytics > Admin > Report Suites .
- Select a report suite.If your report suite does not have channels defined, the Marketing Channels: Auto Setup page displays.See Run the Automatic Setup .
- Click Edit Settings > Marketing Channels > Marketing Channel Processing Rules .
- From the Add New Rule Set menu, select Email .Here you are not selecting your channel, but a template that populates the rule with a few of the necessary parameters.Use Boolean logic (if / then statements) to configure a rule. For example, in an email channel rule, provide the settings or information emphasized in the following rule statement:"If **[All]** or **[Any]** of the following are true: **[Query String Parameter]** *<value>* **[exists]**..."Then identify the channel as **[Email]**..."Then set the channel's value to **[Query String Parameter]** *<value>*."In this example, <value> is the query string parameter that you use for your email campaign, such as eml .
- To continue creating rules, click Add Rule .
- To prioritize rules, drag-and-drop them to the desired position.
- Click Save.