Implement Adobe Analytics
Adobe requires code on your site or app to send data to Adobe's data collection servers. The following steps indicate how a typical implementation works.
- When a visitor comes to your site, a request is made to your web server.
- Your site's web server sends the page code information, and the page displays in the browser.
- Adobe returns a transparent pixel image.
- Adobe servers store collected data in a report suite .
Adobe Analytics requires code within your website, mobile app, or other application to send data to data collection servers. There are several methods to implement this code, depending on platform and your organization's needs.
- Adobe Experience Platform Launch : The standardized and recommended method to implement Adobe Analytics. Place a loader tag on each page, and use Launch's interface to determine how each variable is defined.
- Dynamic Tag Management : The predecessor to Launch. DTM uses a similar interface to implement Analytics, but is no longer updated and is not as flexible. Adobe recommends using Launch for implementing Adobe Analytics.
- Mobile SDK : Dedicated libraries to easily send data to Adobe from within your mobile app.