Manually implement Adobe Analytics (legacy)
Create an Adobe Analytics tool for deployment using Dynamic Tag Management. This procedure describes a manual (legacy) implementation.
For information about automatic implementation management, see Add Adobe Analytics Tool .
If you want to change a manual configuration to automatic, edit a tool and click Enable Automatic Configuration .
- Download Analytics measurement code:
- In Analytics, click Admin > Code Manager .
- In Dynamic Tag Management, create a web property .After you create the web property, it is available for editing on the Web Properties tab on the Dashboard. Activating the web property is not required.
- Add an Analytics tool to the property:
- On the Web Properties tab, click the property.
- On the Overview tab, click Add a Tool .
- From the Tool Type menu, select Adobe Analytics .
- Configure the following fields:ElementDescriptionTool TypeThe Experience Cloud solution, such as Analytics, Target, Social, and so on.Tool NameThe name for this tool. This name displays on the Overview tab under Installed Tools.Production Account IDA number for your production account for data collection. Dynamic Tag Management automatically installs the correct account in the production and staging environment.Staging Account IDA number used in your development or test environment. A staging account keeps your testing data separate from production.
- Click Create Tool .The installed tool displays on the Overview tab.
- To configure the code, click Settings .At a minimum, click Cookies and configure your tracking server and SSL tracking server.
- Click General and insert the core AppMeasurement code .
- Define a page load rule to collect Analyticsdata.You are now ready to define rules to collect analytics data. You might want to define a few data elements first. Data elements let you extract data from the page that you can use to configure your rule. To get started, you can define a page load rule that does not have any conditions to collect Analytics data on each page.
- Add the header and footer code on the Embed tab.For staging, you can leave the default Amazon hosting option. You can change it if needed before your production rollout.
- (Optional) Click Settings on the Options tab, and configure the Adobe Analytics code.The settings on the Adobe Analytics page (General, Cookies, and so on) override settings in your s_code . If these settings exist in your s_code , there is no need to reiterate them here.