The variable determines the report suite where data is stored and reported.
If sending to multiple report suites (multi-suite tagging), s.account may be a comma-separated list of values. The report suite ID is determined by Adobe.
In the URL path
Each report suite ID must match the value created in the Admin Console. Each report suite ID must be 40 bytes or less, but the aggregate of all report suites (the entire comma-separated list) has no limit.
Within Analytics, the site drop-down box in the upper left of the reports displays the current report suite. Each report suite has a unique identifier called a report suite ID. The s_account variable contains one or more report suite IDs to which data is sent. The report suite ID value, which is invisible to Analytics users, must be provided or approved by Adobe before you use it. Every report suite ID has an associated "friendly name" that can be changed in the report suites section of the Admin Console.
Adobe's DigitalPulse Debugger displays the value of s_account in the path of the URL that appears just below the word "Image," just after /b/ss/. In some cases, the value of s_account also appears in the domain, before 112.2o7.net. The value in the path is the only value that determines the destination report suite. The bold text below shows the report suites that data is sent to, as it appears in the debugger. See DigitalPulse Debugger .
Syntax and Possible Values
The report suite ID is an alphanumeric string of ASCII characters, no more than 40 bytes in length. The only non-alphanumeric character allowed is a hyphen. Spaces, periods, commas and other punctuation are not allowed. The s_account variable may contain multiple report suites, all of which receive data from that page.
All values of s_account must be provided or approved by Adobe.
Configuring the Variable in Analytics
The friendly name associated with each report suite ID can be changed by Adobe Customer Care. The friendly name can be seen in Analytics in the site drop-down box in the top, left section of the screen.
Pitfalls, Questions, and Tips
- If s_account is empty, not declared, or contains an unexpected value, no data is collected.
- When the s_account variable is a comma-separated list (multi-suite tagging), do not put spaces between report suite IDs.
- If s.dynamicAccountSelection is set to True the URL is used to determine the destination report suite. Use the DigitalPulse Debugger to determine the destination report suite(s).
- In some cases, VISTA can be used to alter the destination report suite. Using VISTA to re-route or copy the data to another report suite is recommended when using first-party cookies, or if your site has more than 20 active report suites.
- Always declare s_account inside the JS file or just before it is included.