The s.dynamicAccountList variable is not supported in Current AppMeasurement libraries . It is only used in legacy AppMeasurement, such as H Code.
The s.dynamicAccountList variable is used to help dynamically determine a report suite to send data to. It is used in conjunction with the dynamicAccountSelection and dynamicAccountMatch variables. The rules in dynamicAccountList are applied if dynamicAccountSelection is set to true , and they apply to the section of the URL specified in dynamicAccountMatch .
Syntax and Possible Values
Valid input is a semicolon-separated list of name=value pairs (rules). Each list contains the following items:
- One or more report suite ID's (separated by commas)
- An equals sign
- One or more URL filters (comma-separated)
Only standard ASCII characters should be used in the string (no spaces).
For all the following examples, the page URL is https://example.com/path2/?prod_id=12345 , the dynamicAccountSelection variable is set to true , and the s_account variable is set to examplersid .
// In this example, the report suite that receives data is examplersid1. s.dynamicAccountMatch = "window.location.hostname"; s.dynamicAccountList = "examplersid2=www2.example.com;examplersid1=example.com"; // In this example, the report suite that receives data is examplersid2. s.dynamicAccountMatch = "window.location.pathname"; s.dynamicAccountList = "examplersid2=path2;examplersid3=path3"; // In this example, no rules match so it resorts to the default rsid in s_account, examplersid. s.dynamicAccountMatch = "window.location.pathname"; s.dynamicAccountList = "examplersid4=path4;examplersid5=path5";
Pitfalls, Questions, and Tips
- The rules listed in this variable are applied in a left-to-right order. If the dynamicAccountMatch variable matches more than one rule, the left-most rule is used to determine the report suite. As a result, place more generic rules to the right of the list.
- If no rules match, the default report suite in s_account is used.
- If your page is saved to someone's hard drive or translated via a web-based translation engine (such as Google's translated pages), the dynamic account selection likely won't work.
- The dynamicAccountSelection rules apply only to the section of the URL specified in dynamicAccountMatch .
- Use the Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger to test the destination report suite.