Configuration variables overview
Not all of these variables appear in the code by default when you generate code through the Admin Tool > Code Manager . Some of these configuration variables may not be applicable to your site's implementation needs.
Some of the goals of using these configuration variables are:
- Track multiple sites/domains.
- Use any currency on purchases.
- Capture data indifferent languages.
- Link tracking (number of downloaded files, links to external sites.
- Track custom links for unique purposes.
AppMeasurement requires that all configuration variables are set before the initial call to the track function, t() . If configuration variables are set after the call to t() , unexpected results may occur. To ensure proper data collection, all configuration variables must be above the doPlugins function.
For help with specific configuration variables, click any of the following links:
- s.account : Specify the report suite where data is stored and reported.
- s.dynamicAccountSelection : Dynamically select the report suite based on the URL of each page.
- s.dynamicAccountList : Specify the rules used for determining the destination report suite.
- s.dynamicAccountMatch : Use the DOM object to retrieve the section of the URL to which all rules are applied.
- s.dynamicVariablePrefix : Deploy flagging for dynamically-populated variables.
- s.charSet : Convert incoming data to UTF-8 for storage and reporting by Analytics.
- s.currencyCode : Determine the conversion rate to apply to revenue.
- s.cookieDomain : Determines which domain the s_cc and s_sq cookies are set.
- s.cookieDomainPeriods : Determine the domain for s_cc and s_sq cookies by specifying the number of periods in the domain of the page URL.
- s.registerPreTrackCallback : Function for taking as parameters both the callback (a function), and the parameters to that function.
- s.registerPostTrackCallback : Function for taking as parameters both the callback (a function), and the parameters to that function.
- s.trackDownLoadLinks : Track links to downloadable files on your site.
- s.trackExternalLinks : Determine whether any link clicked is an exit link.
- s.trackInlineStats : Determine whether ClickMap data is gathered.
- s.linkDownloadFileTypes : Include a comma-separated list of file extensions.
- s.linkInternalFilters : Includes a comma-separated list of filters that represent the links that are part of the site.
- s.linkLeaveQueryString : Determine whether or not the query string should be included in the Exit Links and File Download reports.
- s.linkTrackVars : Include a comma-separated list of variables that are sent with custom, exit, and download links.
- s.linkExternalFilters : Use to report on a specific subset of exit links.
- s.usePlugins : Call the s_doPlugins function prior to each image request.