You must have access to your hosting servers to successfully implement a page with code to collect data. The following steps walk you through a basic Analytics H Code implementation.
You must already have an existing copy of s_code.js to follow these instructions. Adobe no longer offers an option to download H Code in the Code Manager.
- Update core JS file variables : Edit the s_code.js file and make sure the following variables are updated:
- s_account contains the report suite ID that you want to send data to. See
- s.trackingServer contains the location cookies are stored. See trackingServer .
- Host the s_code.js file on your site : This file typically resides with other scripts on your web server.
- Define page-specific variables on each page : Each page should have individual variables defined, such as page name or eVars. Individual variables are typically defined with an inline <script> tag on each page.
- Use the debugger to verify data collection : Download and install the Experience Cloud debugger to make sure data is sent to Adobe, and that page variables are correctly defined.
H Code compression