Some implementations, such as on single-page applications, require multiple hits sent on the same page load. Use the clearVars() method to clear variable values so they don't persist to subsequent hits.
This method does not take any arguments, and does not return any value. Its only purpose is to clear variable values from the instance object. This method sets the following elements to undefined :
- prop1 - prop75
- eVar - eVar250
- hier1 - hier5
- list1 - list3
Clear Variables in Adobe Experience Platform Launch
Set the Clear Variables action when configuring a rule.
- Log in to launch.adobe.com using your AdobeID credentials.
- Click the desired property.
- Go to the Rules tab, then click the desired rule (or create a rule).
- Under Actions, click the '+' icon
- Set the Extension dropdown to Adobe Analytics, and the Action Type to Clear Variables.
s.clearVars() in AppMeasurement and Launch custom code editor
You can call the s.clearVars() method anywhere in your implementation after you instantiate the Analytics object instance.