The pageName variable typically stores the name of a given page. It is helpful to determine what individual pages are most popular. This variable populates the 'Page Name' dimension.
This dimension is always stripped from link tracking calls. If you want to see the page name where a link was tracked, consider copying this variable into an eVar.
If this variable is not defined on a given page tracking call, the pageURL variable is used instead.
Page Name in Adobe Experience Platform Launch
You can set page name either while configuring the Analytics extension (global variables) or under rules.
- Log in to launch.adobe.com using your AdobeID credentials.
- Click the desired property.
- Go to the Rules tab, then click the desired rule (or create a rule).
- Under Actions, click an existing Adobe Analytics - Set Variables action or click the '+' icon.
- Set the Extension dropdown to Adobe Analytics, and the Action Type to Set Variables.
- Locate the Page name section.
You can set page name to any string value, including data elements.
s.pageName in AppMeasurement and Launch custom code editor
The s.pageName variable is a string that typically contains the name of the page. It has a maximum value of 100 bytes; longer values are truncated. This truncation includes instances where it falls back to pageURL if this variable is blank.
// Set page name to a static value s.pageName = "Example page name"; // Set page name to the page's title s.pageName = window.document.title;