The zip variable allows you to manually populate the 'Zip Code' dimension if the Zip Option in report suite settings allows it. In previous versions of Adobe Analytics, this variable could only be manually set, typically when entering shipping information on a retail site. Improvements to Adobe Analytics allows this variable to be automatically set using geo-location data. This variable does not persist beyond the hit it is set.
Make sure the Zip Option in report suite settings is set to the desired value. You cannot use this variable if geo zip is always used. See General Account Settings in the Admin user guide for more information.
Zip in Adobe Experience Platform Launch
You can set Zip Code either while configuring the Analytics extension (global variables) or under rules.
- Log in to launch.adobe.com using your AdobeID credentials.
- Click the desired property.
- Go to the Rules tab, then click the desired rule (or create a rule).
- Under Actions, click an existing Adobe Analytics - Set Variables action or click the '+' icon.
- Set the Extension dropdown to Adobe Analytics, and the Action Type to Set Variables.
- Locate the Zip section.
You can set Zip Code to any string value, including data elements.
s.zip in AppMeasurement and Launch custom code editor
The s.zip variable is a string that typically contains a Zip Code, but can contain any desired value up to 50 bytes in length.
s.zip = "84043";