Plug-ins are provided by Adobe Consulting as a courtesy to help you get more value out of Adobe Analytics. Adobe Customer Care does not provide support with any of these plug-ins, including installation or troubleshooting. If you require help with a plug-in, contact your organization's Account Manager. They can arrange a meeting with a consultant for assistance.
Adobe offers several ways to install a given plug-in:
- Use the 'Common Analytics Plugins' extension using Adobe Experience Platform Launch
- Paste plug-in code using the Launch custom code editor
- Paste the plug-in code in your AppMeasurement.js file
Each organization has different implementation needs, so you can decide how you want to include them in your implementation. Make sure that you meet the following criteria when including the code on your site:
- Instantiate the Analytics tracking object (using s_gi ) first.
- Launch automatically instantiates the tracking object when Adobe Analytics loads.
- Include plug-in code second.
- The 'Common Analytics Plugins' extension has an action configuration where you can initialize plug-ins.
- If you don't want to use the plug-in, you can paste plug-in code in the custom code editor when configuring the Analytics extension.
- If your implementation does not use Launch, you can paste plug-in code into AppMeasurement.js anywhere after you instantiate the tracking object.
- Call the plug-in third.
- Validate your implementation and publish.
Many organizations call plug-ins using the doPlugins function. While this function is not required, Adobe considers it a best practice to use. AppMeasurement calls this function just before compiling and sending an image request, which is ideal since several plug-ins depend on other Analytics variables.