Use the audience data in Analytics
You can use the AAM Audience dimensions throughout Analytics. The integrated segments are new Analytics dimensions called Audiences ID and Audiences Name, and can be used just like any other dimension that Analytics collects. In Data Feeds, the Audience IDs are stored in the “mc_audiences” column. These dimensions are not currently available in Data Workbench or Livestream. Some examples of how the Audiences dimensions can be leveraged include:
In Analysis Workspace, the AAM segments appear as two dimensions.
- Go to Workspace .
- From the list of Dimensions , select the dimensions Audience ID or Audience Name . Name is a friendly classification of the ID.
Segment Comparison discovers the most statistically significant differences between two segments. Audiences data can be used in Segment Comparison in two ways: 1) as the 2 segments that are being compared, and 2) as items in the “Top Dimension Items” table.
- Go to Workspace and select the Segment Comparison panel from the left rail.
- Search for Audiences Name in the Component menu.
- Open Audiences Nameso that the related dimension items appear.
- Drag the audiences you want to compare into the Segment Comparison builder.
- (Optional): You can bring in other dimension items or segments as well, up to 2 can be compared.
- Click Build .Audiences ID and Name dimensions will automatically appear in the “Top Dimension Items” table, as they are additional profile data for the two segments being compared.
Customer Journey (Flow) in Analysis Workspace
AAM segment data is passed into Analytics on a hit-by-hit basis, and represents the audience membership for a visitor at that point in time. This means, a visitor could fall into one segment (e.g. “Awareness”), then later qualify for a more qualified segment (e.g. “Consideration”). You can use Flow in Analysis Workspace to visualize the journey a visitor takes between audiences.
- Go to Workspace and select the Flow visualization from the left rail.
- Drag the Audience Name dimension into the Flow builder.
- Click Build .
- (Optional): Drag any other dimension into the Flow visualization to create an inter-dimensional Flow .
Audiences can also be used in Fallout visualizations .
Venn Visualization in Analysis Workspace
Venn visualizations show the overlap between up to 3 segments.
- Go to Workspace and select the Venn visualization from the left rail.
- Search for Audience Name in the component menu.
- Open Audience Name so that the related dimension items appear.
- Drag the audiences that you want to compare into the Venn builder.
- (Optional): You can bring in other dimension items or segments as well; up to 3 can be compared.
- Click Build .
You can incorporate the Audiences dimensions in the Analytics Segment Builder , along with the behavioral information that Analytics collects.
- Go to Components > Segments .
- Click Add to create a new segment.
- After naming the segment, drag the Audience Name dimension into the Definitions panel.
- (Optional): Add other criteria to the segment.
- Save the segment.
Reports & Analytics and Report Builder
- To view the Analytics report, go to Reports > Visitor Profile > Audience ID Reports .
- From this folder, you can access both the Audience ID and Audience Name dimensions.