Setup a developer environment
To create a setup that allows you to develop for Asset Compute Service, follow these requirements and instructions.
- Acquire access and credentials for Project Firefly.
- Set up the local environment and the required tools.
- Some more tools that help you get started developing smoothly are:
- Make sure to meet the prerequisites .
Setup a Firefly project
- Be granted System Admin or Developer Role access in the Experience Organization. This can be set by a System Admin in the Admin Console .
- Create a Firefly project . Click Create new project > Project from template . Select Firefly. It creates a new Firefly Project with two workspaces: Production and Stage . Add additional workspaces, for example Development , as required.
- In the Firefly Project, select a workspace and subscribe to the services needed for Asset Compute. Click Add to Project > API and add Asset Compute , IO Events , and IO Events Management services. When adding the first API, it prompts to create a private key. Save this information on your machine as you need this key to test your custom application with the developer tool.
Now that your environment is set up, you are ready to create a custom application .