Create Traits from Signals
Create new traits from all signals, including those that are already used in traits, and capture future audiences that qualify after trait creation. Watch the video for a quick demonstration or read on for detailed information:
Create Traits from Signal Dashboard
The Signal Dashboard allows you to create new traits from the Top Unused Signals, New Unused Signals, and your saved searches.
When you create a new trait, the trait type is pre-set based on the signal type:
- Rule-based traits for real-time signals, actionable log files and Adobe Analytics signals;
- Onboarded traits for onboarded signals.
To create new traits from the Signal Dashboard , identify the signal that you want to use in the trait, then click the corresponding Create Rule-Based Trait or Create Onboarded Trait link.
You'll be redirected to the Trait Builder to create your new trait(s).
Create Traits from Signal Search
Create traits based on used or unused signals that are not shown in the Signal Dashboard.
Search for specific signals and create rule-based or onboarded traits based on the results. Here's how to do this:
- Go to Audience Data > Signals > Search and run a search based on the key-value pairs that you are looking for, or click Search without entering any key-value pair to display all results.
- Identify the signal(s) that you want to use in the trait, in the results list.
You can only create traits from signals of the same type. You cannot create a trait based on a combination of a real-time signal and an onboarded one.You can create traits from used signals, too. Signals that are already used in traits have the number of traits displayed in the Included in Traits column. Click the arrow to see the traits that include the signal.
- To create a trait from one signal, click the corresponding Create Rule-Based Trait or Create Onboarded Trait link.
- To create a trait from multiple signals, click the corresponding check box of each signal, then click Create Trait from Multiple Signals .
- Use the Trait Builder to create your new traits.