Manage Data Sources
Create a Data Source
To create a new data source, go to Audience Data > Data Sources > Add New and complete the steps for each section described here. Administrator permissions are required to create a data source.
See Data Source Settings and Menu Options for descriptions of these different controls.
Data Source Details
To complete the Data Source Details section:
- Name the data source.
- (Optional) Describe the data source. A concise description helps you define the role or purpose of the data source.
- Provide an integration code. Generally, integration codes are optional. They are required when you want to:
- Choose an ID Type . ID Type options include:
- Device Advertising ID
- Cross-device (Required to create a Profile Merge Rule). Note, for some customers, this selection exposes the ID Definition options.
- Choose an ID Definition option. Options include:
Data Export Controls
Data Export Controls are optional classification rules you can apply to a data source and destination. They prevent you from sending data to a destination when that action violates a data privacy or use agreement. Skip this section if you do not use Data Export Controls.
Data Source Settings
These settings determine how a data source is identified, used, and shared. You can also enable error reporting for inbound data files. To complete the Data Source Settings section:
- Select a Data Source Setting check box to apply an option to your data source.
- Click Save .
Delete a Data Source
Delete a data source that you no longer need.
Please note the following restrictions:
- Click Audience Data > Data Sources .
- Select the check box next to one or more data sources. You can use the Search box to locate the desired data sources if you have a long list.
- Click , then confirm the deletion.