Manage Folder Traits
Create, edit, and delete folder traits.
Create a Folder Trait
A folder trait is created automatically when you create a new folder in your taxonomy.
- Go to Audience Data > Traits to navigate to the Traits dashboard.
- In the Trait Storage window, hover over:
- "All Traits" text to add a new root level folder.
- An existing parent folder to add a new subordinate folder.
- Click the + icon to create the folder. Note that you can create a maximum of 2.000 folders in your taxonomy. See the usage limits documentation for more information.
- Name the folder and click Save . For example, a folder named Electronics will have a folder trait named 'Electronics Folder Trait'. You can view and select the new folder trait in the traits dashboard.
- The new folder trait is automatically assigned to the Audience Manager generated data source. Your users with appropriate [Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)] permissions can change the data source in the edit folder trait workflow. See Edit a Folder Trait .
Edit a Folder Trait
Describes how you can edit a folder trait.
- In the Traits dashboard, hover over the Actions column for the folder trait you want to edit.
- Click the pencil to edit the trait.
- The Edit workflow allows you to change the data source for folder traits. Select your desired data source and click Save . Data sources are sorted numerically, by DPID, in the drop-down box.If your company uses Role-Based Access Rights (RBAC), you or your users need access permissions to traits data sources.
You cannot directly rename a folder trait. Rename its associated storage folder in order to change the name of the folder trait.
Delete a Folder Trait
Delete a folder trait by deleting the storage folder that the trait belongs to.
- Audience Data > Traits to navigate to the Traits dashboard.
- In the Trait Storage window, delete a folder by hovering over it and clicking the X icon.