Import DCM Data Files Into Audience Manager
Set up a Google group to bring your DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM) data files into Audience Manager. The content in this section summarizes the integration process and provides you with links to DCM resources to help you get started.
DCM is Google's replacement for DoubleClick for Advertisers (DFA). Similar to DFA, DCM customers can import, view, and work with their data in Audience Manager. But Audience Manager cannot directly access and import your Data Transfer and Match Table files. To import these files, the burden of effort lies with the customer.
However, the set up procedure is well documented in the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Help . Also, you can review the steps listed below to get started.
DCM data files contain data for all your advertisers or clients. If you need to omit specific clients, then you must edit the files before making them available to Audience Manager.
Data transfer frequency and availability
Audience Manager checks for and transfers data once each day. Data is usually available in Audience Manager after 24-hours.
- Groups control access to your DCM data. Eventually, you'll invite and add Audience Manager to this group.
- Google Cloud Storage contains the data bucket that holds your Data Transfer and Match Tables. You'll need to setup a bucket or make sure your new group has access to an existing data storage bucket.
- Work with your DCM Account Manager or Platform Solutions Consultant. They will provide you with a URL to your data files. Google might change the format for bucket and file names in future releases. Again, work with your DCM Account Manager to make sure you're using the right formats.
- The Cloud Storage Manager lets you control data sharing and bucket access. Give your group read access to the bucket that contains your Data Transfer and Match Table files.
- Shared DCM user IDs are encrypted to protect privacy. Encryption adds 2 columns to the end of your Data Transfer file, PartnerId1 and PartnerId2 . These columns contain encoded user IDs specific to each company that receives these files.As an authorized third-party, Audience Manager can receive DCM data, but cannot decode the IDs. However, on the Audience Manager side, we know how the encoded IDs match our IDs. This means we can match and synchronize users with confidence and accuracy.You cannot import DCM files into Audience Manager if you're already sharing data with 2 other third-party partners.
- Invite Audience Manager to join the group.After you create a group and give it access to a data bucket, invite Audience Manager to join the group. Send an invitation email to DFA-AAM@adobe.com . Be sure to include the data file URL from step 3. Our internal teams will work with you to verify access after accepting the invitation. 1. Set up two data sources for DCM data in the Audience Manager User Interface.Name the data sources Advertiser Analytics: DCM Platform and Advertiser Analytics: AAM+DCM Platform . In the Create Data Sources workflow, set the ID type to Cookie . Share the IDs of the two new data sources with our internal teams.
- You can easily create traits from the DCM files you import into Audience Manager. See Actionable Log Files and ask your Audience Manager consultant or Customer Care to enable the feature for you.