The File transfer activity lets you receive or send files, test for file presence, or list files on a server. The protocol used is either Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), FTP or SFTP. With S3 or SFTP connection, you can also import segment data to Adobe Campaign with Adobe Real-time Customer Data platform. For more on this, refer to this documentation .
Best practices and troubleshooting on SFTP server usage are detailed in this page .
Use the drop-down list of the Action field to select the action of the activity.
The configuration depends on the action selected.
- Receiving filesTo receive files stored on a remote server, select File download in the Action field. You must specify its URL in the relevant field.Check Use an external account to select an account from the S3, FTP or SFTP accounts configured in the Administration > Platform > External accounts node of the tree. Then specify which directory on the server contains the file(s) to be downloaded.
- File transferTo send a file to a server, select File upload in the Action field. You must specify the target server in the Remote server section of the editor. The parameters are the same as for inbound files. See above.The source file can come from the previous activity. In this case, the Use the file generated by the previous activity option must be selected.This may also concern one or more other files. To select them, uncheck the option and then click Insert . Specify the access path of the file to be sent. To add another file, click Insert again. The files now each have their own tab.Use the arrows to change the order of the tabs. This relates to the order in which files are sent to the server.The Keep history of files sent option lets you track the files sent. This history is accessible from the directory.
- Test to see if file existsTo test for the existence of a file, select the Test to see if file exists option in the Action field. Configuration of the remote server is the same as for file download. For more information, refer to this section .
- Listing of filesTo list the files, select the File listing option from the Action field. Configuration of the remote server is the same as for receiving files. For more information, refer to this section .The List all files option, available when selecting the File listing action, allows you to store all files present on the server in the event variable vars.filenames wherein the file names are separated by \n characters.
There are two possible options for all file transfer options:
- The Process missing file option adds a transition which is activated if no file is found in the specified directory.
- The Process errors option is detailed in Processing errors .
The Advanced parameters... link lets you access the following options:
- Delete the source files after transferErases the files on the remote server.
- Use SSLAllows you to use a secure connection via the SSL protocol during file transfers.
- Display the session logsAllows you to recover the logs of the S3, FTP or SFTP transfer and to include them in the workflow logs.
- Disable passive modeAllows you to specify the connection port to be used for data transfer.
The File historization settings... link gives access to the options detailed in Web download ( File historization step).
- filenameComplete name of the sent file.
- filenameComplete name of received file if the Use the file generated by the previous activity option is selected.