Data model best practices
Below are a few best practices that should be followed when designing your data model using large tables and complex joins.
- When using additional custom recipient tables, make sure you have a dedicated log table for each delivery mapping.
- Reduce the number of columns, particularly by identifying those that are unused.
- Optimize the data model relations by avoiding complex joins, such as joins on several conditions and/or several columns.
- For join keys, always use numeric data rather than character strings.
- Reduce as much as you can the depth of log retention. If your need deeper history, you can aggregate computation and/or handle custom log tables to store larger history.
For more detailed best practices on how to optimize the database design for larger volumes, see Campaign Classic Data model Best practices .