Creating and managing lists
About lists in Adobe Campaign
A list is a static set of profiles that can be targeted in delivery actions or updated during import operations or during workflow execution. For example, a population extracted from the database via a query can supply a list.
Deliveries (via e-mail, SMS, or other channels) aimed at these lists can then be set up in keeping with the professional ethics of permission marketing.
Lists are created and managed via the Lists link in the Profiles and targets tab.
Two types of lists are available in Adobe Campaign:
- Group type: The Group type lists belong to a static list of people selected according to specific criteria. The list is like a snapshot of a set of profiles. Please note that it is not updated automatically in the event of profiles being added to the database.For more information on how to create a Group type list, refer to this page .
- List type: The List type lists allows you to use workflows to create and manage lists. These will be specific lists resulting from data imports, that can be updated via the dedicated List update workflow activity.Unlike the Group type list, this type list can be automatically updated with a Scheduler activity. Note that For an example on how to create List type lists, refer to this page .
Creating a profile list from a group
Group type lists created via the Profiles and targets link must be based on the default Adobe Campaign profile table (nms:recipient).
To create lists containing other types of data, you must run a workflow. For example, by using a query on the visitor table then updating the list, you can create a visitor list. For more information on workflows, refer to this section .
To create a new Group type list, apply the following steps:
- Click the Create button and select New list .
- Enter the information in the Edit tab of the list creation window.
- Enter the list name in the Label field and, if necessary, change the internal name.
- Add a description for this list.
- You can specify an expiration date: when this date is reached, the list is purged and automatically deleted.
- In the Content tab, click Add to select the profiles belonging to the list.
- Click Save to save the list. It is then added to the overview of lists.
You can create new profiles directly from the 'add profiles' window by clicking Create . The profile will be added to the database.
The profile list can be configured just like other lists. See Configuring lists .
Removing a profile from a list
To remove a profile from a list, you can:
- Edit the list, select the profile in the Content tab, then click the Delete icon.
- Edit the profile, click the List tab, then click the Delete icon.
Deleting a list of profiles
You can delete one or more lists from the group list in the Adobe Campaign tree. To do this, edit the tree via the Advanced > Explorer link in the Adobe Campaign home page. Select the group(s) concerned and right-click. Select Delete . A warning message asks you to confirm the deletion.
When you delete a list, the profiles on the list are not affected but the data in their profile is updated.