Configuring the integration
Configuring in Adobe Campaign
To use these two solutions together, you must configure them to connect to one another.
Follow the steps below to start the configuration in Adobe Campaign:
For advanced configurations such as managing personalization fields and blocks. Refer to Adobe Experience Manager documentation .
Install the AEM integration package in Adobe Campaign
You first need to install the AEM integration package.
- From your Adobe Campaign instance, select Tools from the upper toolbar.
- Select Tools > Advanced > Import package... .
- Select Install a standard package .
- Check AEM integration then click the Next button.
- In the next window, click the Start button to start the installation of your package. Close the window once the installation is finished.
Configure the security zone for AEM operator
The AEM integration package sets the aemserver operator in Campaign. This operator will be used to connect the Adobe Experience Manager server to Adobe Campaign.
You need to configure a security zone for this operator to connect to Adobe Campaign via Adobe Experience Manager.
We strongly recommend creating a security zone dedicated to AEM to avoid any security problems. For more on this, refer to the Installation guide .
If your Campaign instance is hosted by Adobe, contact Adobe Support team. If you are using Campaign on-premise, follow the steps below:
- Open the serverConf.xml configuration file.
- Access the allowUserPassword attribute of the selected security zone and set it to true .This will allow Adobe Experience Manager to connect Adobe Campaign via login/password.
Configure the external account
The AEM integration package created the external account for Adobe Experience Cloud. You need now to configure it to connect with your Adobe Experience Manager instance.
To confugure the AEM external account, follow the steps below:
- Click the Explorer button.
- Select Administration > Platform > External accounts .
- From the External account list, select AEM instance .
- Enter the parameters for your AEM authoring instance:
Make sure that your Server address does not end with a a trailing slash.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Click the Save button.
Configure AEM resources filtering
The AEMResourceTypeFilter option is used to filter types of Experience Manager resources that can be used in Adobe Campaign. This allows Adobe Campaign to retrieve Experience Manager contents that are specifically designed to be used in Adobe Campaign only.
To check if the AEMResourceTypeFilter option is configured:
- Click the Explorer button.
- Select Administration > Platform > Options .
- From the Options list, select AEMResourceTypeFilter .
- In the Value (text) field, the path should be as follows:
mcm/campaign/components/newsletter,mcm/campaign/components/campaign_newsletterpage,mcm/neolane/components/newsletterOr in some case:
Configuring in Adobe Experience Manager
Follow the steps below to start the configuration in Adobe Experience Manager:
- Configure the replication to replicate from the AEM authoring instance to the AEM publishing instance.To learn how to configure replication, refer to Adobe Experience Manager documentation .
- Install the integration FeaturePack on your authoring instance then replicate the installation on your publishing instance. (For AEM versions 5.6.1 and 6.0 only).To learn how to install FeaturePack, refer to Adobe Experience Manager documentation .
- Connect Adobe Experience Manager to Adobe Campaign by configuring a dedicated Cloud Service .To learn how to connect both solutions via Cloud Services, refer to Adobe Experience Manager documentation .
- Configure the Externalizer service .To learn how to configure it, refer to Adobe Experience Manager documentation .