Publishing on Facebook
Once configuration is complete, Social Marketing lets you post publications on the walls of your Facebook pages.
The following limitations are inherent to Facebook.
- Messages may not exceed 1,000 characters.
- HTML is not supported.
Creating the delivery
Create a new delivery using the Publish to a brand page delivery template.
Selecting the main target
You need to select the page(s) which you want to post your publication on.
- Click the To link.
- Click the Add button.
- Select A Facebook page .
- In the Folder field, select the service folder which contains the Facebook page. By default, pages are stored in the root of the Facebook service folder. Then select the Facebook page which you want to post on.
Selecting the proof target
The Target of the proofs tab lets you define the Facebook page which you want to use for testing deliveries before sending them out. We recommend creating a dedicated private Facebook page for this purpose. For more on creating a private Facebook page, refer to Creating a test Facebook page . To select the proof target, apply the same steps as for the main target: Selecting the main target .
If you are using the same Facebook test page for all deliveries, you can save the proof target in the Publish to a brand page delivery template, which is accessed via the Resources > Templates > Delivery templates node. The proof target will be entered by default for each new delivery.
Defining the audience
If you want to use local segments to refine the type of public authorized to view the publication, we recommend that you create one Facebook page per segment (for instance: Adobe Campaign Paris, Adobe Campaign London, etc.).
However it is also possible to use the audience filters used by Facebook. The Audience tab of the Select target window offers four filters:
Use this function with care. In delivery reports, the Number of fans indicator will not take these Facebook filters into account.
Facebook may change the list of audience filters as well as their values.
Defining message content
Select the type of publication using the Content type drop-down menu.
The following types of deliveries are available:
- a Status
- a Status with a link
- a Status with a YouTube link
- a Photo album
Publishing a status
A status type delivery can only contain text, as in the example below:
Enter the publication status in the input zone.
Publishing a photo album
This type of content enables you to publish a photo album. You can add a name and a description for the album as well as a caption for each photo. Symmetries between the fields of the delivery editing screen and the final publication on Facebook are detailed below:
Enter the various fields:
- Start by entering the Album name .
- Then enter the Description to be displayed above the photos.
- To add a photo, click the Add button, select the photo and click Open .
- A caption can be added to each photo.
The Preview tab lets you view the rendering of the publication.
- Click the Preview tab.
- Click the Test personalization drop-down menu and select Service .
- In the Folder field, select the service folder which contains your Facebook pages. By default, pages are stored at the root of the Facebook service folder.
- Select the Facebook page which you want to test the preview on.
The preview may differ slightly from the final Facebook publication. We highly recommend sending a proof before final delivery for an exact rendering of the publication. Refer to Sending the proof .
Tracking can be viewed in the delivery reports and in the Edit > Tracking tab of the delivery and the service.
Clicks on the URL contained in the delivery are measured by Adobe Campaign. The number of clicks on the Like button, the number of comments and the number of fans are measured by Facebook.
Tracking configuration is the same as for an email delivery. For more on this, refer to this section .
In the Publish to a brand page delivery template, tracking is enabled by default.
Sending the proof
We highly recommend sending a proof of your publication before the final delivery to view the exact rendering of the publication on a private Facebook test page. For more on creating a private Facebook test page, refer to Creating a test Facebook page . The steps for selecting the target proof are detailed in Selecting the proof target .
Proof delivery is identical to email deliveries. Refer to this section .
Sending the message
- Once the content is approved, click the Send button.
- Select Deliver as soon as possible and click the Analyze button.The Postpone the delivery option lets you postpone delivery to a later date.
- Once the analysis is complete, check the result.
- Click Confirm delivery , then click Yes .