Offers on an outbound channel
Email offer delivery
In our database, there is a category of travel offers to Africa. The eligibility, contexts and representations of each offer have been configured. We now want to create a campaign to present our offers via email.
- Create a marketing campaign and a targeting workflow.
- Edit the email delivery and click the Offers icon.
- Choose the email space for your offer environment that matches the holidays.
- Choose the category which contains the Africa travel offers.
- Set the number of offers in the delivery to two.
- Close the offer management window and create the content of your delivery.
- Use the menus to insert a first offer proposition and choose the HTML rendering function.
- Insert the second offer proposition.
- Click Preview to preview your offers in the delivery then select a recipient to preview the offers as they will receive them.
- Save your delivery and start the targeting workflow.
- Open your delivery and click the Audit tab of your delivery: you can see that the offer engine has selected the propositions to be made from the various offers in the catalog.
Perform an offer simulation
- In the Profiles and Targets universe, click the Simulations link, then click the Create button.
- Choose a label and specify the execution settings if necessary.
- Save the simulation. This then opens in a new tab.
- Click the Edit tab, then Scope .
- Choose the category for which you want to simulate offers.
- Choose the offer space to be used for the simulation.
- Enter validity dates. You must at least enter a start date. This lets the offer engine filter offers and choose those which are valid on a given date.
- If necessary, specify one or several themes to restrict the number of offers to those which contain this keyword in their settings.In our example, the Travel category contains two sub-categories with two separate themes. We want to run a simulation for offers with the Customers>1 year theme.
- Choose the recipients you want to target.
- Configure the number of offers to be sent to each recipient.In our example, the offer engine will choose the 3 offers with the highest weight for each recipient.
- Save your settings, then click Start in the Dashboard tab to run the simulation.
- Once the simulation is finished, consult the Results for a detailed breakdown of propositions per offer.In our example, the offer engine has based the offer breakdown on 3 propositions.
- Display the Breakdown of offers by rank to view the list of offers selected by the offer engine.
- If necessary, you can change the scope settings and run the simulation again by clicking Start simulation .
- To save the simulation data, use the history or export functions available in the report.