Marketing Campaign templates
Campaign templates are centralized in the Resources > Templates > Campaign templates node. A default template is supplied as standard. It lets you create a new campaign using all the available modules (Documents, Tasks, Seed addresses, etc.), but the modules offered depend on your rights and the configuration of your Adobe Campaign platform.
Creating or duplicating a campaign template
To create a new template, carry out the following steps:
- Open Campaign Explorer .
- In Resources > Templates > Campaign templates , click New in the toolbar above the list of templates.
- Enter the label of your new campaign template.
- Click Save and reopen your template.
- In the Edit tab, enter the Internal name and other values, if needed.
- Select Advanced campaign settings to add a workflow to your campaign template.
- Change the Targeting and workflows value to Yes .
- In the Targeting and workflows tab, click Add a workflow... .
- Complete the Label field and click Ok .
- Create your workflow according to your requirements.
- Click Save . Your template is now ready to be used in a campaign.
You can also duplicate the default template to re-use and adapt its configuration.
The various tabs and sub-tabs of the campaign template allow you to access its settings, described in General configuration .
Configuring a campaign template
Campaigns are based on models that share a set of predefined parameters.
In a default configuration, the campaign templates are centralized in the Resources > Templates > Campaign templates node of the Adobe Campaign tree.
The tree is displayed when you click the Explorer icon on the home page.
An out-of-the-box template is supplied in order to create a campaign for which no specific configuration has been defined. You can create and configure your campaign templates and then create campaigns from these templates.
The creation and configuration of campaign templates are presented in Campaign templates .
For more on campaign creation, refer to the Creating a campaign and an email video.
Configuration of the available modules
The Advanced campaign settings... link lets you enable and disable jobs for the campaigns based on this template. Select the functions you want to enable in the campaigns created based on this template.
If a functionality is not selected, the elements concerning the process (menus, icons, options, tabs, sub-tabs, etc.) will not appear in the interface of the template or in campaigns based on this template. The tabs to the left of the campaign details usually coincide with the processes selected in the template. For example, if Expenses and objectives is not selected, the corresponding Budget tab will not be shown in campaigns based on this template.
Moreover, shortcuts to the configuration windows are added to the campaign dashboard. When a functionality is enabled, a direct link gives access to it from the campaign dashboard.
For example, with the configuration below:
The following links are displayed in the campaign dashboard (the Add a task link is missing):
An only the following tabs will be displayed:
However, with this type of configuration:
The following links and tabs will be displayed:
Typology of enabled modules
- Control groupWhen this module is selected, an additional tab is added to the advanced settings of the template and the campaigns based on this template. The configuration can be defined via the template or individually for each campaign.
- Seed addressesWhen this module is selected, an additional tab is added to the advanced settings of the template and the campaigns based on this template. The configuration can be defined via the template or individually for each campaign.
- DocumentsWhen this module is selected, an additional tab is added to the Edition tab of the template and the campaigns based on this template. Attached documents can be added from the template or individually for each campaign.
- OutlineWhen this module is selected, a Delivery outlines sub-tab is added to the Documents tab in order to define delivery outlines for the campaign.
- Targeting and workflowsWhen you select the Targeting and workflows module, a tab is added to let you create one or more workflows for campaigns based on this template. Workflows can also be configured individually for each campaign based on this template.When this module is enabled, a tab is added to the advanced settings of the campaign to define the process execution sequence.
- ApprovalIf you select the Approval , you can select the processes to approve as well as the operators in charge of approvals.
- Expenditures and targetsWhen this module is selected, a Budget tab is added to the details of the template and campaigns based on this template so that the associated budget can be selected.
Approval of jobs
You may choose whether or not to enable process approval via the Approvals tab of the templates advanced settings section. The jobs for which approval is selected must be approved for message delivery to be authorized.
You must associate a reviewer operator or group of operators to each enabled approval.
When you create a campaign template, you need to enter the following information:
- Enter the label of the template: this label will be assigned by default to all campaigns created via this template.
- Select the campaign nature from the drop-down list. The values available in this list are those saved in the natureOp enumeration.For more information on enumerations, refer to the Getting Started section.
- Select the type of campaign : unique, recurring, or periodic. By default, campaign templates apply to unique campaigns. Recurring and periodic campaigns are detailed here: Recurring and periodic campaigns .
- Specify the duration of the campaign, i.e. the number of days over which the campaign will take place. When creating a campaign based on this template, the campaign start and end dates will be populated automatically.If the campaign is recurrent, you must specify the campaign start and end dates directly in the template.
- Specify the related program of the template: campaigns based on this template will be linked to the selected program.
Template execution parameters
The Advanced campaign settings... link lets you configure the advanced options of the template for processing the delivery target (control group, seed addresses, etc.) and the configuration of campaign measurement and workflow execution.
Campaign reverse scheduling
You can create a reverse schedule for a campaign, for instance to prepare an event whose date is known in advance. Campaign templates now let you calculate the start date of a task based on the end date of a campaign.
In the task configuration box, go to the Implementation schedule area and check the The start date is calculated based on the campaign end date box. (Here, "start date" is the task start date). Go to the Start field and enter an interval: the task will start this long before the campaign end date. If you enter a period which is longer than the campaign is set to last, the task will begin before the campaign.
When you create a campaign using this template, the task start date will be calculated automatically. However, you can always change it later.