Setting up marketing campaigns
Campaigns include actions (deliveries) and processes (importing or extracting files), as well as resources (marketing documents, delivery outlines). They are used in marketing campaigns. Campaigns are part of a program, and programs are included in a campaign plan.
To create a marketing campaign:
- Create a campaign: discover campaigns and their characteristics: label, type, start and end dates, budget, associated resources, manager(s) and participants.See Creating a campaign .
- Define target population(s): create a workflow with targeting queries.
- Create deliveries: select channel(s) and define the content to be sent.See Creating deliveries .
- Approve deliveries.Refer to Approval process .
- Monitor deliveries.Refer to Monitoring .
- Plan campaigns and associated costs.
When these steps have been completed, you can start the deliveries (see Starting a delivery ), check the data, processes and information relating to the deliveries and, if necessary, manage the associated documents (see Managing associated documents ). You can also track the execution of the processing phases of campaigns and deliveries (see Tracking .
Creating plan and program hierarchy
To configure your folder hierarchy for marketing plans and programs:
- Click the Explorer icon on the home page.
- Right-click the folder in which you want to create your plan.
- Select Add new folder > Campaign Management > Plan .
- Rename the plan.
- Right-click the newly created plan and select Properties... .
- In the General tab, modify the Internal name to avoid duplicates during package exports.
- Click Save .
- Right-click the newly created plan and select Create a new 'Program' folder .
- Repeat the above steps to rename your new program folder and its internal name.
Creating a campaign
Adding a campaign
You can create a campaign via the list of campaigns. To display this view, select the Campaigns menu in the Campaigns dashboard.
The Program field lets you select the program to which the campaign will be attached. This information is mandatory.
Campaigns can also be created via a program. To do this, click the Add button in the Schedule tab of the concerned program.
When you create a campaign via the Schedule tab of a program, the campaign is automatically linked to the concerned program. The Program field is hidden in this case.
In the campaign creation window, select the campaign template and add a name and a description of the campaign. You can also specify the campaign start and end dates.
Click OK to create the campaign. It is added to the program schedule.
To filter the campaigns to display, click the Filter link and select the status of campaigns to display.
Editing and configuring a campaign
You can then edit the campaign you have just created and define its parameters.
To open and configure a campaign, select it from the schedule and click Open .
This takes you to the campaign dashboard.
Recurring and periodic campaigns
A recurring campaign is a campaign based on a specific template, whose workflows are configured to be executed according to an associated schedule. The workflows will therefore be recurring within a campaign. The targeting is duplicated on each execution and the various processes and target populations are tracked. It is also possible to execute future targetings in advance, via the coverage period during automatic workflow creation, in order to launch simulations with target estimates.
A periodic campaign is a campaign created automatically according to the execution schedule of its template.
Creating a recurring campaign
Recurring campaigns are created from a specific template defining the workflow template to be executed and the execution schedule.
Creating a template for recurring campaigns
- Create a Recurring campaign template.It is recommended that you duplicate the default template instead of creating an empty template.
- Enter the name of the template and the duration of the campaign.
- For this type of campaign, a Schedule tab is added in order to create the template execution schedule.
In this tab, specify the planned execution dates of the campaigns based on this template.
The configuration mode of the execution schedule coincides with the Scheduler object of the Workflow. For more on this, refer to this section .
Execution schedule configuration must be performed carefully to avoid overloading the database. Recurring campaigns duplicate the workflow(s) of their template depending on the specified schedule. The implementation of excessively frequent workflow creation can hinder the operation of the database.
- Specify a value in the Create in advance for field in order to create the corresponding workflows for the period indicated.
- Create the workflow template to be used in campaigns based on this template, with the targeting parameters and one or more generic deliveries.This workflow must be saved as a recurring workflow template. To do this, edit the workflow properties and select the Recurring workflow template option in the Execution tab.
Create the recurring campaign
To create the recurring campaign and execute its workflows according to the schedule defined in the template, apply the following procedure:
- Create a new campaign based on a recurring campaign template.
- Fill in the workflow execution schedule.
- The campaign schedule lets you enter an automatic workflow creation or execution start date for each line.For each line, you can add the following additional options:
The Create in advance for field lets you create all the workflows covering the period entered.Upon execution of the Jobs on campaigns workflow, the dedicated workflows are created based on the occurrences defined in the campaign schedule. A workflow is thus created for each execution date.
- To be approved : lets you force the delivery approval requests in the workflow.
- To be started : lets you start the workflow when the start date has been reached.
- Recurring workflows are created automatically from the workflow template present in the campaign. They are visible from the Targeting and workflows tab of the campaign.The label of a recurring workflow instance consists of its template label and the workflow number, with the # character in between.Workflows created from the schedule are automatically associated with it in the Workflow column of the Schedule tab.Each workflow can be edited from this tab.The start date of the schedule line associated with the workflow is available from a variable of the workflow with the following syntax: $date(instance/vars/@startPlanningDate)
Creating a periodic campaign
A periodic campaign is a campaign based on a specific template that lets you create campaign instances based on an execution schedule. Campaign instances are created automatically based on a periodic campaign template, depending on the frequency defined in the template schedule.
Creating the campaign template
- Create a Periodic campaign template, preferably by duplicating an existing campaign template.
- Enter the properties of the template.The operator whom the template is assigned to needs to have the appropriate rights to create campaigns in the selected program.
- Create the workflow associated with this template. It will be duplicated in every periodic campaign created by the template.This workflow is a workflow template. It cannot be executed from the campaign template.
- Complete its execution schedule as for a recurring campaign template: click the Add button and define the start and end dates, or fill in the execution schedule via the link.Periodic campaign templates create new campaigns according to the schedule defined above. It must therefore be completed carefully, to avoid overloading the Adobe Campaign database.
- Once the execution start date is reached, the matching campaign is created automatically. It takes on all the characteristics of its template.Each campaign can be edited via the template schedule.
Each periodic campaign contains the same elements. Once created, it is managed as a standard campaign.