There are various possibilities for creating/linking hypotheses to a campaign offer or delivery:
- Via the Measurement hypotheses folder by creating a new hypothesis based on an existing template and linking it to an existing delivery.
- Via the Edit > Measurement tab in a campaign.
- Via the Measurement option of a delivery created from a campaign.
Hypotheses can only be calculated once the marketing campaign has been launched and recipients have received the delivery. If the hypothesis is based on an offer proposition, the latter needs to at least be presented and still be active. Offer and delivery hypotheses are created via the Measurement hypotheses folder and are based on a hypothesis template. However, it is possible to reference a hypothesis directly in the delivery or the campaign before the campaign starts. In this case, the hypotheses will be calculated automatically once the marketing campaign is launched, based on execution settings (for more on this, refer to Hypothesis template execution settings ).
Creating a hypothesis on the fly on a delivery
To create a hypothesis on an existing delivery, apply the following process:
This operation is only possible for pending deliveries.
- In the Adobe Campaign tree, go to Campaign management > Measurement hypotheses .
- Click the New button or right-click on the list of hypotheses and select New in the drop-down list.
- In the hypothesis window, select a previously created template (refer to Hypothesis templates ).The hypothesis context as it was defined in the selected model is displayed in the window.Settings defined in the template and not visible at this step are also kept in the memory and reassigned to the hypothesis in progress.
- Select the delivery for which you want to create a hypothesis.
- You can personalize your hypothesis by editing the General , Transactions and Scope tabs. For more on this, refer to Creating a hypothesis model .
- Start the hypothesis by clicking Start .A workflow is automatically created to perform the measurement. The name is automatically defined depending on the hypothesis configuration.You can access this if you have checked the Keep execution workflow box. This option must be activated for debugging purposes only, in case of error while running the hypothesis. Workflows generated automatically are saved in the Administration > Production > Objects created automatically > Campaign workflows folder in the Adobe Campaign explorer.In addition, workflows generated automatically must not be modified. Any eventual modification would not be taken into account elsewhere for later calculations.If you have checked this option, delete the workflow after it has executed.Once calculation is complete, measurement indicators are updated automatically.
- If necessary, change the settings and re-start the hypothesis.
Referencing a hypothesis in a campaign delivery
You can reference a hypothesis in a marketing campaign before it is started. In this case, the hypothesis will be launched automatically once the delivery is sent, based on the execution settings defined in the hypothesis template. To create a hypothesis in a delivery, apply the following process:
- Depending on your needs, you can create one or more Delivery type templates, as described in Creating a hypothesis model
- Create a marketing campaign and targeting workflows.
- In the delivery window, click the Delivery measurement icon.
- Select the hypothesis template (the query configured in the model is displayed in the hypothesis window).The hypothesis will be calculated automatically once the campaign is finished, based on the dates configured in the model (refer to Hypothesis template execution settings ).
Adding a default hypothesis to deliveries for a campaign
You can directly reference a hypothesis at campaign level. In this case, the hypothesis will be automatically linked to all the deliveries created in the campaign. To do this:
- Go to the Edit tab of the campaign.
- In the measurement section, click the Default hypotheses tab.
- Click Add and select a hypothesis template.A hypothesis based on this template will now be referenced by default in each new delivery for the campaign.
The hypothesis results can be viewed in the General and Reactions tabs of the hypothesis (refer to Hypothesis tracking )
For more information, you can also refer to Example: creating a hypothesis linked to a delivery .
Creating a hypothesis on an offer
Creating a hypothesis on an offer proposition is similar to creating an on the fly delivery hypothesis. The hypothesis can be executed as long as the offer is active. The calculation period is based on the offer proposition date. When the hypothesis lets you link a recipient to a purchase, the status of the offer proposition likely to be accepted can be changed automatically (for more on this, refer to Transactions ).
- Create one or more Offer type models as described in Creating a hypothesis model .
- Go to the Campaign management > Measurement hypotheses node.
- Create an Offers type hypothesis by selecting the model created previously.The query created in the model appears in the window.
- Choose the offer for which you want to create a hypothesis.
- Refine the query if necessary.
- Click Start to run the hypothesis.
- The hypothesis results can be viewed in its General and Reactions tabs (refer to Hypothesis tracking ).Hypotheses made on an offer are referenced in the Measurement tab.If the Update offer proposition status option was enabled in the hypothesis template, the status of the offer proposition is changed automatically, thereby providing feedback on the impact of the campaign (for more on this, refer to Transactions ).