Actions on reports
When you are viewing a report, the toolbar lets you carry out a certain number of actions. These are detailed below.
The toolbar lets you export, print, archive or display the report in a web browser for instance.
Exporting a report
Select the format you want to export your report into from the drop-down list. (.xls, .pdf or .ods).
When a report contains several pages, you need to repeat the operation for each page.
You can configure your report in view of exporting it in PDF, Excel or OpenOffice format. Open the Adobe Campaign explorer and select the concerned report.
Export options are accessed via the Page activities of the report, in the Advanced tab.
Change the settings of Paper and Margins to suit your needs. You can also authorize the exporting of a page in PDF format only. To do this, uncheck the Activate OpenOffice/Microsoft Excel export option.
Exporting into Microsoft Excel
For List with group type reports destined to be exported into Excel, the following recommendations and limitations apply:
- These reports must not contain any empty lines.
- The legend of the list must be hidden.
- The reports do not have to use specific formatting defined at the cell level. It is preferable to use Form rendering to define the format of the cells in the table. The Form rendering can be accessed via Administration > Configuration > Form rendering .
- We do not recommend inserting HTML content.
- If a report contains several table, chart, etc. type elements, they will be exported one under the other.
- You can force the carriage return in cells: this configuration will be kept in Excel. For more on this, refer to this Defining cell format .
Postpone the export
You can postpone exporting a report, for instance to wait for asynchronous calls. To do this, enter the following parameter in the initialization script of the page:
document.nl_waitBeforeRender = true;
To activate the export and start converting into a PDF, use the document.nl_renderToPdf() function without any parameter.
When exporting certain large reports, memory allocation errors may occur.
To apply changes made to the configuration, the nlserver service needs to be restarted.
To find out more about the serverConf.xml file, refer to this section .
To find out more about the nlserver service, refer to this section .
Printing a report
You can print your report: to do this, click the printer icon: this opens the dialog box.
For a better result, edit the Internet Explorer printing options and select Print background colors and images .
Creating report archives
Archiving a report lets you create a view of the report at various periods, for instance to show the statistics for a given period of time.
To create an archive, open the concerned report and click the appropriate icon.
To display or hide existing archives, click the show/hide icon.
The archive dates are displayed under the show/hide icon. Click the archive to view it.
It's possible to delete a report archive. To do this, go to the Adobe Campaign node where your reports are stored. Click the Archives tab, select the one you want to delete and click Delete .