LINE is an application for free instant messaging, voice and video calls, available on all smartphones (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Nokia) and on PC. Adobe Campaign allows you to send LINE messages.
LINE is only available for on-premise or managed services installations.
LINE can also be combined with the transactional message module to send real time messages on the LINE app installed in consumer mobile devices. For more on this, refer to this page .
The steps for using the LINE channel are:
- Creating a delivery
- Configuring the message content
- Selecting the target population
- Sending the messages
- Monitoring the delivery (tracking, quarantining, reports, etc.).
Setting up LINE channel
Creating a LINE account and an external account
Before creating a LINE account and external account, you first need to install the LINE package on your instance. For more information on this, consult the LINE section in the Installation guide.
You must first create a LINE account, so that you can then link it to Adobe Campaign. Then, you can send LINE messages to the users that have added your LINE account in their mobile application. External accounts and LINE account can only be managed by the functional administrator of the platform.
To create and configure a LINE account, see https://developers.line.me/ .
To create and configure a LINE service, see Managing subscriptions .
Finally, to create an external account on Adobe Campaign:
- In the Administration > Platform tree structure, click the External Accounts tab.
- Then click the New icon.
- Complete the Label and Internal name fields.
- In the Type field, select Routing and in the Channel field, select LINE.
- Click Save to create your LINE external account.
- A LINE personalization field then appears under the General icon, fill the following fields:
- Channel Alias : is provided via your LINE account in the Channels > Technical configuration tab.
- Channel ID : is provided via your LINE account in the Channels > Basic Information panel tab.
- Channel secret key : is provided via your LINE account in the Channels > Basic Information panel tab.
- Access token : is provided via your LINE account in the developer portal or by clicking the Get access token button.
- Access token expiration date : allows you to specify the expiration date of the Access token.
- LINE subscription service : allows you to specify the services to which the users will be subscribed.
You must verify that the LINE access token update (updateLineAccessToken) and Delete blocked LINE users (deleteBlockedLineUsers) workflows have started. From the explorer, click Administration > Production > Technical workflows > LINE workflows to check the status of the workflows.
Creating the delivery
To create a LINE delivery you have to follow these steps:
Global concepts on delivery creation are presented in this section .
- From the Campaigns tab, select Deliveries then click the Create button.
- In the window that appears, select LINE V2 delivery delivery template.
- Identify your delivery with a label, code, and description. For more on this, refer to this section .
- Click Continue to create your delivery.
Defining the content
To define the content of a LINE delivery, you first have to add message type to your delivery. Each LINE delivery can contain up to 5 messages.
You can choose between two message types:
- Text message
- Image and link
Configuring a Text message delivery
A Text message LINE delivery is a message sent to recipients in text form.
The configuration for this type of message is similar to the configuration of the text in an email. For more information, refer to this page .
Selecting the target population
Selecting recipients of a LINE delivery is similar to defining email delivery recipients. For more information, refer to Identifying target populations .
Targeting is carried out on visitors .
When your delivery is created and configured correctly, you can send it to the target defined earlier.
Sending LINE deliveries is similar to sending an email delivery. For more information on sending a delivery, refer to Sending messages .
You can view reports on the LINE service by clicking Profiles and Targets > Services and Subscriptions > LINE in the explorer. Then click the Reports icon in the LINE service.
To view reports on LINE deliveries, click Campaign Management > Deliveries then select the delivery you want. The tracking reports indicate the click-through rate. LINE does not take the open rate into account.
Example: create and send a personalized LINE message
In this example, we are going to create and configure a text message and an image containing data that will be personalized according to the recipient.
- Create your LINE delivery by clicking the Create button from the Campaign tab.
- Select the LINE V2 delivery delivery template and name your delivery.
- In the configuration window of your delivery, select your target population.
- Click Add to create your message and select the Message type .Here, we first want to create a text message.
- Place your cursor in the place where you want to insert the personalized text and click the drop-down icon then select Visitor > First name .
- Follow the same procedure to add an image, selecting Image and links in the Message type drop-down.Add your image URL.
- In the Links section, select the layout that will divide your image in multiple clickable regions.
- Assign an URL to each region of your image.
- Save your delivery then click Send to analyze and send it to the target.The delivery is sent to the target.