Viral and social marketing
About viral marketing
Adobe Campaign lets you set up tools to encourage viral marketing.
This lets delivery recipients or website visitors share information with their network: from adding a link to their Facebook or Twitter profile to sending a message to a friend.
In order for added links to function properly, the matching mirror page must be available. To do this, include the link to the mirror page in the delivery.
Viral marketing: forward to a friend
A viral service allows referral-type actions to be carried out: these actions enable you to forward a message to a friend. The profile of the referee(s) is stored temporarily in the database (in a dedicated table). Forwarded messages include a link for the referee to subscribe: if they do, they will be added to the Adobe Campaign database.
Message forwarding is based on the same principles as social network links.
Apply the following stages:
- Add the Social network sharing links personalization block into the body of the original message.
- The message recipient can click the Email icon to send this message to one or more friends.A referral form enables you to enter the email addresses of referees.The message is sent to them when the main recipient clicks the Next button.The content of this message can be personalized to meet your needs. It is created based on the Transfer of original message template, which is stored in the Administration > Campaign management > Technical delivery templates node.It is also possible to change the message forward form made available to the referrer To do this, you need to change the Viral form Web application stored in the Resources > Online > Web applications node.
- In the forwarded message, a link lets the referee save their profile in the database. An entry form is provided for this purpose.This configuration can be adapted. To do this, you need to modify the Recipient subscription Web application stored in the Resources > Online > Web applications node.For more information on Web applications, refer to this section .Once they validate, a confirmation message is sent to them: they will only be registered for good once they activate the link in the confirmation message. This message is created based on the Registration confirmation template, which is stored in the Administration > Campaign management > Technical delivery templates node.The referee is added to the Recipients folder of the database and is subscribed (by default) to the Newsletter information service.
Tracking social network sharing
Sharing and access to shared information is tracked. This information collected by Adobe Campaign is accessible in two places:
- in the Tracking tab of the delivery (or individually for each recipient):
- in a dedicated Sharing to social networks report: