In-App Messaging Overview
In-App Messaging is a channel that allows you to display a message when the user is active within the mobile application. This channel requires mobile applications to be integrated with Adobe Experience Platform SDK.
This tutorial will explain the steps required to set up the mobile properties, the launch extension for the In-App Messaging channel, as well as how to prepare, customize, and send In-App Messages in Adobe Campaign Standard.
- Make sure you can access the In-App channel. If you cannot access these channels, contact your account team.
- Verify that your user has the necessary permissions in Adobe Campaign Standard and Launch.
- In Adobe Campaign Standard, ensure that the IMS user is part of the Standard User and Administrator groups. This step allows the user to log in to Adobe Campaign Standard, navigate to the Experience Platform SDK mobile app page, and view the mobile app properties that you created in Launch.
- In Launch, ensure that your IMS user is part of a Launch product profile. This step allows the user to log in to Launch to create and view the properties. For more information about product profiles in Launch, see Create your product profile . In the product profile, there should be no permissions set on the company or the properties, but the user should be able to still log in.
- In Adobe Launch:
- create the mobile application by creating a mobile property and instrument your mobile app with Experience Platform SDK.
- Install the Adobe Campaign Standard extension for your mobile application
For more on extensions, refer to the Configure Campaign Standard Extension in Launch in Adobe Launch documentation.