Introduction to In-App messages
The In-App Messaging channel allows you to display a message when the user is active within the mobile application. This channel requires mobile applications to be integrated with Adobe Experience Platform SDK.
This tutorial will explain the steps required to set up the mobile properties, the Launch extension for the In-App Messaging channel, as well as how to prepare, customize, and send In-App messages in Adobe Campaign Standard. The links will lead you to the video tutorials on each of the highlighted topics.
- Make sure you can access the In-App channel. If you cannot access these channels, contact your account team.
- Verify that your user has the necessary permissions in Adobe Campaign Standard and Launch.
- In Adobe Campaign Standard, ensure that the IMS user is part of the Standard User and Administrator groups. This step allows the user to log in to Adobe Campaign Standard, navigate to the Experience Platform SDK mobile app page, and view the mobile app properties that you created in Launch.
- In Launch, ensure that your IMS user is part of a Launch product profile. This step allows the user to log in to Launch to create and view the properties. For more information about product profiles in Launch, see Create your product profile . In the product profile, there should be no permissions set on the company or the properties, but the user should be able to still log in.
- In Adobe Experience Platform Launch:
- Create the mobile application by creating a mobile property and instrument your mobile app with Experience Platform SDK.
- Install the Adobe Campaign Standard extension for your mobile application.
For more on extensions, refer to the Configure Campaign Standard extension in Adobe Launch in Adobe Launchdocumentation.
Steps to set up In-App messages
Create, manage, and publish In-App Deliveries
You can either create one time In-App deliveries by clicking on the Create an In-App Message card from the homepage, from the Marketing Activities, or you can Create an In-App delivery within a workflow .
When setting up the delivery, you have three option to target your users by choosing from different delivery templates:
- Broadcast an In-App message to target all users of a mobile app.This message type enables you to send messages to all users (current or future) of your mobile application even if they don't have an existing profile in Adobe Campaign. Personalization is therefore not possible when customizing the messages as the user profile does not necessarily exist in Adobe Campaign.
- Target all users based on their mobile app profile.This message type enables you to target all known or anonymous users of a mobile app that have a mobile profile in Adobe Campaign. This messages type can be personalized using only non-personal and non-sensitive attributes and does not require secure handshake between Mobile SDK and Adobe Campaign's In-App messaging service. So, the personalization strategy is based on what you have learnt about the users from their interaction with the device. E.g. target all users who have launched their App more than 5 times in last one week.
- This message type enables you to target Adobe Campaign profiles (CRM profiles) who have subscribed to your mobile application. The message can be personalized with all available profile attributes in Adobe Campaign but requires a secure handshake between Mobile SDK and Campaign's In-App messaging service to ensure that messages with personal and sensitive information are used by authorized users only.
This template is useful to support cross-channel orchestration use cases, where you have already targeted users on other channels like Email or Push and based on their response, you want to engage them with an In-App message.
Report on your In-App deliveries
Once your delivery has been published, you can report on your In-App delivery .