About brand identity
Every company has brand visual and technical guidelines. With Adobe Campaign, you can define a set of specification to present a consistent brand to your customers, from logos to technical aspects, such as email sender, URL or domains.
Technical administrators can define one or several brands to centrally enter the parameters that affect a brand's identity. This includes the brand logo, the domain of the landing pages' access URL, or message tracking settings. With Adobe Campaign, you can create these brands and link them to messages or landing pages. This configuration is managed in templates.
Configuring and using brands
The main principle of configuring and using brands is to:
- Create and configure the brand - this operation requires specific permissions and is carried out by the Adobe Campaign technical administrator.
Brands cannot be created or modified by end-users: these operations have to be performed by Adobe Campaign technical administrator. For any request, contact Adobe Customer care. Multi-branding cannot be used in the context of transactional messaging. For more on this, see Transactional messages and branding .
Brands can be found in the
Administration > Instance settings > Brand configurationmenu.
By default, a newly created brand is visible only to users assigned with the corresponding rights by the administrator.
Brandis defined by the following characteristics:
- AnIdentity, which defines and personalizes your brand. This section contains the following fields:
- Labelvisible in the interface
- Brand name
- Website URLandWebsite labelof the brand
- Brand logo
- Header parameters of sent emailswhich personalizes what the recipients of your campaigns will see. This section contains the following fields:
After having updated the header parameters of the emails, if the name and email address of the sender have not changed in the email created from the template, check the template's advanced settings.
- Sender (email address)with the brand's email address.
- Sender (name)with the brand's name.
- Reply to (email address)with the email address the customer can reply to.
- Reply to (name)with the brand's name.
- Error (email address)with the email address to use in case of an error.
- Server(s) exposed on the internetdefines the servers used for tracking but also for landing page access. This section contains the following fields:
- External URL of the application serverused for hosting and accessing the different landing pages you create.
- External URL of the tracking serverused as the tracked URL during the deliveries.
- External URL of the mirror page serverused as the default mirror page in your deliveries.
- Tracking URL configuration (Web Analytics), which defines the configuration of the URLs tracking for your brand.The additional parameters that allow the links to be tracked on external systems such as Web Analytics tools like Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics are defined here.
Assigning a brand to an email
Branding use case
In this example, we are going to create a new travel-related brand, and use it in an email.
Configure a new brand
Brand configuration is managed by Adobe only as it requires specific permissions and technical settings.
- The Adobe Campaign administrator creates the brand inAdministration > Instance settings > Brand configuration. He adds theVacations in the Tropicselement from the advanced menu and configures theIDand theHeader parameters of sent emailsof the brand.
- The administrator then configures the URL of theServer(s) exposed on the Internetso that landing pages can be used, then the tracking URLs.In this example, theWeb Analyticstool used isGoogle Analytics. The administrator configures the tracking URL as follows:
The brand is correctly created and configured. It can now be used by the marketing teams.
Implement a new brand
As a delivery manager, you are in charge of creating the delivery templates to use the new brand. To achieve this, follow the steps below:
- In the advanced menuResources > Templates > Delivery templates, duplicate a built-in template to configure a new delivery template.
- To link this template to theVacations in the Tropicsbrand, edit the template properties and select the brand from the drop-down list.
- Configure this email template to reflect the brand identity.
- Once the template is completed, you can save it.The delivery template can now be used to create emails that will be sent to an audience.
Use the new brand in a delivery
To create an email linked to a brand, follow the steps below:
- Click theCreatebutton from theMarketing activitiesmenu.
- Select the
- Your email is already configured. You can check the information before testing it using the test profiles, then sending it to your audience.