Configuring a mobile application
Push notifications or In-App messages are received on mobile applications that first need to be configured in Adobe Mobile Services depending on the channel you want to use.
After your mobile applications are set up in Adobe Campaign by leveraging the Experience Cloud Mobile SDK V4 or Experience Platform SDK, they need to be configured by an administrator under the Administration > Channels > Mobile app menu.
Push notification and In-App implementations have to be performed by expert users. If you need to be assisted, contact your Adobe Account executive or Professional services partner.
Once a mobile application is set up, you can retrieve the PII data it collected to create or update profiles from your database. For more on this, refer to this section: Creating and updating profile information based on mobile application data .
Using Adobe Experience Platform SDK
To send push notifications and In-App messages with Experience Platform SDK application, a mobile application has to be set up in Adobe Experience Platform Experience Platform Experience Platform Launch and configured in Adobe Campaign. For the detailed steps to configure your mobile application using Experience Platform SDK, refer to this page .
Follow the steps below to start the configuration:
- Make sure you can access theMobilechannels: Push notification and In-App message in Adobe Campaign. If not, contact your account team.
- Install theAdobe Campaign Standardextension for your mobile application in Experience Platform Launch:For more information on extensions, refer to the Experience Platform Launch documentation.
- Add channel specific configuration to your Mobile Application set-up, see Channel-specific application configuration in Adobe Campaign .
Using SDK V4
Push notification is supported by SDK V4 and Adobe Experience Platform SDKs unlike In-App. For the detailed steps to use push notifications with your mobile app, refer to this page .
The mobile applications receiving push notifications must be configured by an administrator in the Adobe Campaign interface. By configuring both Adobe Campaign and Adobe Mobile Services, you will be able to use your mobile application's data for your campaigns.
To be able to send push notifications, you need to:
- Make sure you can access theMobile appchannel in Adobe Campaign.
- Perform the mobile application's specific setup:
- Package the configuration file downloaded from the Adobe Mobile Services interface with the mobile application.
- Integrate the Experience Cloud Mobile SDK into your mobile application.
- Define the data that you want to collect from your application's subscribers. The mobile application's subscribers who have a profile in the Adobe Campaign database are reconciled based on the criteria that you defined.For more on this, refer to this page .
- Make sure that the setup has been completed successfully by launching your mobile application on your device and signing in. Make sure you opt in to receive notifications.
- Then, in Adobe Campaign's advanced menu, selectAdministration>Channels>Mobile app.
- Select your mobile application from the list to display its properties. Your subscription information is displayed under the subscribers list.
- To check the mobile applications a profile has subscribed to, in theProfiles & Audiences > Profilesmenu, select a profile and click theEdit profile propertiesbutton on the right. The mobile applications are listed in theMobile App Subscriptionstab.