Managing groups and users
About security groups
Security groups are sets of users that share the same roles and rights within your organization.
Users must always be linked to a security group. This will allow you to assign them specific roles and organizational units.
For more information on roles, the tables in the following page present the different operations available according to a user's role(s): Adobe Campaign Standard authorizations .
Default security groups are:
- Delivery supervisors
- Message Center agents
- Standard Users
- Workflow supervisors
If a user is not linked to any security group, he will not be able to access Adobe Campaign.
To restrict a user's access, do not add the user to the Campaign Standard users group as this is linked to
Creating a security group and assigning users
Please note that in the Admin console, security groups are referred as profiles.
You can create your own security groups if the out-of-the-box groups are not enough to manage your users. They can be managed by Administrators that have access to both Adobe Campaign administration menus and the Admin console. For more information on the Admin console, refer to this documentation .
Here, we first need to assign the two out-of-the-box groups Standard user and Administrator to our users. These security groups will restrict some functionalities of Adobe Campaign: the Standard User has basics access to Adobe Campaign whereas the Administrator can access the administration menus for example.
Note that any changes made to security groups on the admin console will be synchronized as soon as users log into Adobe Campaign.
Then, we want to create a set of security groups Geometrixx and Geometrixx Clothes that will restrict some access depending on the organizational units of our Standard user and Administrator.
You first need to assign one of the out-of-the-box security group to your users:
- In the Admin console, select your instance then theUserstab.
- Click theAdd userbutton and enter your user's email address.
- In theAssign Productstab, select your instance then theAdministratorsout-of-the-box security group from the drop-down list. This will allow the user to have access to the administration menus and to create the next security groups.
- ClickSaveand follow the same procedures to assign theStandard Usersout-of-the-box security group to your new user.
Once your two users are attached to the
Standard usersout-of-the-box security groups which assign roles to our users, the Administrator user can now create the two security groups
Geometrixx Clothesthat will assign organizational units to our users in addition to the out-of-the-box security groups.
- In the Admin console, select your instance then theProductstab.
- Click theNew Profilebutton to create theGeometrixxsecurity group.
- Type theProfile nameby following this exact syntax:Campaign Standard- instance name - ID of the security groupand clickDone.The ID chosen will then be used while creating the security group in Adobe Campaign.If the above syntax doesn't seem to work with an older instance, it needs to be replaced byCampaign - instance name - ID of the security group.
- Then, follow the same procedures to create theGeometrixx Clothessecurity group.
- Assign your security group to your user by selecting theUserstab.
- Click your previously created user then the icon in theProductscategory.SelectEdit products assigned directlyto start assigning new security group to your user.
- In theAssign Productstab, select your instance then your previously created security groups Geometrixx from the drop-down list to assign it to your Administrator user.ClickSave.If a user is in several groups:
- The roles of the different groups are cumulated. Here, users are in two different groups: one that will act on roles the other on units.
- The user will no longer be able to connect if units have the same equivalent level and are in parallel branches in the hierarchy.
- Follow the same procedures to assign the Geometrixx Clothes security group to your Standard user.
The newly created security groups are now created in the Admin console. For them to be completely synced, you also need to create them in Adobe Campaign.
The Administrator user has to create the set of security groups that are used to assign organizational units: Geometrixx and Geometrixx Clothes. To learn how to create organizational units, see Creating and managing units .
- Click theAdobe Campaignlogo, in the top left corner, then selectAdministration > Users & Security > Security groups.
- Create your new security group and specify itsLabelandID.The ID needs to be the same as the one chosen in the Admin console.
- In theUser accessfield, assign organizational unit. Here, the Geometrixx security group is assigned theAllorganizational unit.
- You can also assign roles to your security group. In our case, this step is not needed since the out-of-the-box security groupsAdministratorsandStandard usersare used to assign roles.
- Follow the same procedures to create the last security Geometrixx Clothes and assign the Geometrixx Clothes organizational unit.
Your users are now assigned to a security group and can connect to Adobe Campaign.
If users are removed from a security group in the admin console, they will remain part of the Adobe Campaign security group and will no longer be able to log in Adobe Campaign. In this case, remove the users' email addresses in the admin console to prevent them from receiving sensitive information.