Creating an email
- Once you have started creating an email marketing activity, select the template you would like to use.By default, you can choose from several templates for each marketing activity. This allows you to pre-configure certain parameters according to your needs and also assign a brand to your delivery. For more on this, see Managing templates.Follow-up and A/B test templates are hidden by default. Check the boxes on the left side (Filterlateral panel) if you want to display them.
- Enter the email's general properties. You can enter a name in theLabelfield and edit the ID. Both the activity name and its ID appear in the interface, but they are not visible to the message recipients.You can add a description that the user can see in the campaign content.You can create your email within a parent campaign from the home page or the list of marketing activities. Select it from the campaigns that have already been created.
- You can design your message directly using a pre-defined content template, or using Dreamweaver or Adobe Experience Manager. If you don't feel like a designer, you can also upload a content that has been prepared for you, or import an existing content from a URL. See Selecting an existing content.
- Confirm creating the email.To be able to save your email, you first need to make some edits to the content. If you clickCancelat this point, you will not complete the wizard and your email will not be created.The email dashboard is then displayed. It allows you to check your message and prepare the send.TheEdit propertiesbutton in the upper-right corner allows you to edit the properties of the email. You can, for example, configure the email so that its label is computed at the delivery preparation time. Available parameters are listed in this section.
- Send the message and check its delivery through the message dashboard and logs. See Sending messages.